*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Monday, December 29, 2014

Feliz Año Nuevo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe it´s almost 2015--that is just wild. Seriously, I can´t believe it. I swear it was just barely 2013, it´s so crazy! I am in shock! Wow! Seeing your faces was the happiest thing in the entire world! I just loved it. It made me so, so happy just to cry and stare at you all :) Thank you so much for all being there to talk to me--sorry about the tech problems haha. But I just loved seeing you all so much. Skyping was so much more real this time, it was crazy. It affected me a lot more because you all seemed so real, and it made me realize that my mission is not going to last forever. I know I still have a lot of time left, but it was just super eye-opening for me that it´s not going to last forever. It´s so crazy, and it kind of made me freak out, but it´s good :) Seeing you all made me so happy I can´t even tell you! I just loved it. You all look so good and beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I loved it.

It sounds like Christmas has been so wonderful! I am so happy you all get to party together! Tell me all the details--all the one liners that happen sitting on the kitched counters, everything that happens. I hope it´s so much fun :) Thank you so much for all spoiling me this Christmas! I am so lucky! I can´t believe how much you all spoiled me. Thank you so much for being the best family in the whole entire world. :) And huge shout-out to Beth and Ben this week! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it´s a magical birthday :)

Well, this Christmas was so magical!!!!!!!! It was a really fun week, because Monday we had zone conference, then Tuesday was Preparation Day and we went ice skating! I think I already told you that. It was so magical. Then on Christmas Eve we ate with some members with the elders and just passed by and caroled to a bunch of people. It was really sweet: there is a less-active woman who is having a really hard time--her husband just left her and she is about to lose her apartment--and we decided to give her the cute nativity mom sent us. We gave it to her and when she opened the box, she just sat and cried and said she had never had a nativity and was so grateful. She told us that it went from being the worst Christmas of her life to the best. It was the sweetest thing! We all cried together and it was so wonderful. Thank you so much, Lowli! You are the best :)

Then that night we ate with the stake president´s family who live in our ward, and they are my favorite family in the world! They are seriously the funniest family I have ever met. It was so so fun! We ate so much and they gave us gifts and we just laughed so hard. Then we went to see another family and they gave us a bunch of gifts too. It was so sweet.

That night Hermana O´Neill and I slept under the tree--I told her it was our tradition in December--and it was so fun! On Christmas morning we made French toast, studied, and then just opened our packages and ate SO MUCH CHOCOLATE. For real.Then we ate a HUGE meal with a member and it was so fun :) Then we had the baptism of the little girl in our ward. She is the daughter of an active family, an 8-year-old girl, but they asked us to teach the lessons just so she knows. It was so fun! It was so cute. She reminds me a ton of Mini, so I just loved it! :)

It really was such a magical Christmas. I just loved it. We had so much fun and the members were so good to us :)

The best part of this week, though, is Cristobal and Susana! They have just had the most amazing change come over them!!!! Cristobal is seriously a different person. He is so excited about the Book of Mormon and is just thirsty to know more about the gospel. It´s amazing! A member sent him the whole hour-long Joseph Smith movie, and he watched the whole thing!!!!!!!!!! He loved it so much! And then he came to the baptism of the little girl, and he was watching so intently and asked all the men which one of them wants to baptize him! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so amazing to watch--I am just blown away! Susana is a little behind him, still working on getting her testimony and an answer, but she is amazing too. They are seriously our family here. They gave us gifts, too, and just shower us with love every time we go over (which is almost every day haha). They are the most wonderful people in the world. We haven´t been able to set a fecha with them because this week was so crazy and our lessons kept getting cut off with them. But tonight we are going to have them pick out their own date in January to be baptized. We are just praying our guts out for them to finally make the push and just take the step. They are so ready. It´s amazing! We are so, so excited :)

The Lord has blessed us with so many people to teach. This week has been kind of crazy, cause everyone´s super busy with the holidays, so we´ve been in the streeet a lot and it´s FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!! But it´s fun haha. We are just bundling up and loving it :) Just make sure the missionaries there have stuff to do this week so they aren´t just walking in the snow!

Hermana O´Neill is doing really well! She is amazing. She is such an incredible missionary. She is obedient and works so hard and has the strongest testimony. She puts a lot of pressure on herself because she really wants to be her very best, so I´m just trying to help her see that we can have fun and laugh and be ourselves and still be good missionaries :) But she is wonderful, and we are having a lot of fun, and her faith and obedience are bringing us miracles :)

Speaking of faith, I thought I understood faith until a few weeks ago. I am realizing that faith is SO POWERFUL. I read Ether 12 this week and I just loved it. I am realizing that faith is like us--it grows and stretches and is refined until it becomes perfect. We can´t have perfect faith yet, but we are working there. But the Lord stretches our faith and refines it and perfects it until we start to become more believing and trusting in Him. I am just pleading with the Lord for more faith because I´m realizing that the only limit to God´s miracles is our faith. I want to have the most faith I can possibly have so that the Lord can work miracles through me. The more faith we have, the more miracles we see. The gap between the faith and the miracles is patience. And that´s when we grow :) Seriously, I thought I knew what faith was until a few weeks ago, but the Lord is teaching me so, so much about it and how I need to have more faith--so I´m just pleading for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, fam, I just love you all so much. Thank you for all you do for me. A million times over. Seriously, I just love you all so much, I can´t even tell you. Thank you for being the most wonderful family in the world. I love you all SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Hermana Boyer :)

This is us with Ariadna, the cute girl who got baptized on Christmas :)

This is us with the Familia Vilar, the stake president´s family who is so, so funny!

This is Jenny with her Nativity--she was so, so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment