How are you doing??? How is the Chrismas season?! I hope you are all just loving it all. Has it snowed there yet? Have you all been skiing it up for me? I hope so! I hope it´s a wonderful season and you´re just soaking it up :) Thank you so much for all the love this week! Sam and Lucy--thank you SO much for the pen and bracelet! That was the cutest thing in the whole world--I just loved it so much. :) And a huge shout out to the Holladay 3rd Ward for the letters! I just loved them! That was the sweetest thing, and I loved hearing from everyone! Tell them thank you so much--that was so cute.
Well . . . there´s lots of emotions going on right now haha. I am going to have my first daughter--I´m training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I just don´t know how to feel haha. I´m so excited, so nervous, I don´t even know. How do you bring a child into this world of a mission? haha. So I´m here in Valencia with the hermanas there, and one of the hermanas and I will go to Barcelona tomorrow for the training meeting first with President, then later we find out who our companions are :) It´s way nerve-wracking, cause you don´t find out who your companion is until he announces it! But it will be a great adventure. I´m so grateful the Lord gave me this opportunity, even though I hardly feel qualified for it! Give me tips please! Thoughts? Tell me how to train, cause I have no idea haha. I´m so excited though, it will be an adventure :)
This week was wild! So many miracles, laughs, and heartaches. Huge miracle: We called up some old investigators from the area book, and one of them let us come over. We go in, and he and his wife were there and were so awesome! They were super, super sweet and want us to teach them! Woohoo!
Cristobal and Susana! Oh my. Sweetest people in the whole world. So we went over this week and Susana was feeling really nervous about her fecha. We talked to her and the Spirit was so strong. Something finally clicked for her, and she realized she had never truly, sincerely asked God if the Book of Mormon is true. She knelt down right there and we prayed, and she asked if it was, and the Spirit was so strong. Something changed in her, and she got so excited for her baptism! It was amazing! The only hard thing is they had a really sad thing happen with one of their kids this week (they have 3 teenage kids), and that has been hard for them, and so we haven´t been able to teach them as much. But we taught them about the atonement, and it was so strong. They are even more humble now than they were, and I know they will get baptized--I´m just putting all my faith and trust that it can be on the 20th. (We moved it back). So pray for miracles, fam! They are so ready, they just need that little push. But they are the sweetest people in the whole, wide world, and they will get baptized, and I´m so stoked :)
Vanessa and Enrique: So one of the members named Patricia is in an English class and studies with her friend Vanessa. We've been helping them practice English this whole time. Vanessa and Enrique are liberal Spaniards, a young Spanish couple that are kind of hippies haha--I love them! And they are so friendly but uncomfortable about the church. But this week they invited us to go make paella with them in the mountains. So we went and it was so fun--we had a blast! (Unfortunately, on the way there I had to tell her to stop the car, and I lost my breakfast in the garbage can next to the car!!! So funny haha. Then later while we were eating, I look down and a HUGE--I mean HUGE--spider was on my lap, and I freaked out. I guess I've gotten too high maintenance for the mountains haha! It was so funny). But anyway, we invited them to stake conference, not imagining they would ever want to come. But on Sunday morning, THEY CAME!!!!!!!! And stayed the whole time, and sang the hymns, and heard President and Hermana Pace speak! It was the biggest miracle ever. I am so stoked for them! Woohoo!
Transfers: Let´s be honest. When we got the call on Saturday that Hermana Shake was leaving, I cried so hard. Seriously, it was crazy. We were so sad we couldn't sleep haha. The four of us here are super close, and we were all changing and we thought we would be here for Christmas, and so we were all super sad. But it´s okay! I´m still super excited for Christmas with my sweet little greenie :) But yeah, saying bye to Hermana Shake was so hard. It was crazy. I don´t think I've ever had that hard of a time saying bye to a companion. We were just bffs from the very first moment. And we've just had so many adventures and laughs this transfer that have bonded us so much. But it´s okay--I´m stoked for this opportunity to train :)
Things are crazy and I´m nervous, but super good. I´m loving Catarroja and the people so, so much. They are so wonderful. :)
This week I´ve been reading about the Savior´s ministry to the Lamanites and it´s just amazing!!!!!!!!! I was so touched by how after the Savior left the first time, they all were praying to have the Spirit with them again. Then the Savior comes and prays with them and tells them to "pray on." Then they become purified by the prayer. Prayer purifies. It is our direct communication with our Heavenly Father who is perfect. When we talk to Him, the Spirit comes so strongly and purifies us because we are talking to a perfect being! We are talking to God--the Creator of everything--our Maker. It purifies us. I just love that so much. I love the feeling after a good prayer and you feel clean and purified. I want that all the time. I don´t think we realize the power of our prayers. Prayers call down the power of heaven. And I'm going to be doing a lot of praying as I help this wonderful new hermana have a special first chapter of her mission :)
I love this work, I love Spain, I love the people, I love the missionaries, I love my Savior. And I love YOU! Thank you so much for all you do for me--I can´t say it enough. I absolutely adore everyone of you and can´t wait to see your cute faces soon (over Skype) :)
I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hermana Boyer
P.S. Can someone send me a recipe for Snickerdoodles and any other easy Christmas treat? Thank you! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment