How is everyone??? I hope you are all cozy and that it´s just a magical Christmas season :)
Well, my first week as a mom! haha. Man, training is the craziest, sweetest, most exhausting experience in my life! I love it so much though. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. My sweet little companion is Hermana O´Neill! She is from San Jose, California, and is just amazing. She came out here knowing why she´s here, ready to work, and with the strongest testimony ever. She is so excited to be a missionary and is so fun and down to earth, and we are already such good friends :) This week has been pretty overwhelming for her with Spanish and teaching and how exhausting missionary life is. But she's getting more used to it and doing really well. We just hit the ground running this week! We were in Barcelona all day for the training meeting and didn't get home until super late. It´s just been crazy! But so good. The training meeting was so fun--they have all the trainees come up and then they announce who will train them, and when I found out I ran and gave her the biggest hug, and we were just so excited. It was really good. She is the best! She has brought a new energy and spirit that is amazing. I love living the mission life again through her eyes! It´s so fun how everything is new and exciting. I love watching her discover Spain too, it´s so magical! It has made me gain the biggest appreciation for Mom though!!!!!! You just worry about your kids, it´s crazy! I love it so much though haha :) We are just having adventures and already seeing so many miracles :)
This week we had a huge miracle with Enrique and Vanessa, that Spanish couple who came to church last week!!!!!! We were eating with them and we asked them if they have any questions about the church, because they are really uncomfortable with the church, and whenever we talk about it they kind of put up a wall. So they asked some questions about polygamy and stuff. Then we said, "What would you think if we taught you the doctrine of our church and what we´re all about, and you can see what you think and if you like it or not?" They were like, "Yeah, that´s what we wanted this whole time, but we were just embarrassed to ask about it! We always say how we love the feeling you bring into our house and we want you to come more so we found out what it is." WOW! We were so surprised!!!!!!! They are like super liberal and kind of hippies haha and so we were just so surprised. But they were so excited and said they would love it if we taught them. We are so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It´s crazy cause last week Hermana Shake and I were fasting to have 2 baptisms this month, and we just assumed it would be Cristobal and Susana because they are so close. But that was the day Enrique and Vanessa came to church--right when we were fasting to have 2 baptisms! Coincidence--I think not!!!!!! :) So pretty much we are going to get them baptized soon :) We are so excited! It was amazing.
Cristobal and Susana are still progressing and reading and praying and everything, but their daughter has some serious health problems, and they are just devastated by it. Cristobal came to church yesterday and just sobbed because of how hurt they are. So they are really worried and don´t want to get baptized until they can help their daughter. So we are just trying to be the best support we can and just love them. So we´re so sad for them cause they are hurting so much. But I know they will get baptized, it´s just a matter of time :)
Everything else is really good! We are having so much fun with the ward--the ward here is the best thing in the world. The members are SO wonderful!!!!!!!!!! They are so sweet and fun, and I just adore them. There is a little girl getting baptized (who´s 8), and they asked us to teach her all the lessons, and it´s been so fun. We also found a lot of new investigators this week, which was a huge miracle! So things are just awesome! It doesn't really feel like Christmas yet, but that´s okay! We have our Christmas music and lights, so that´s good :) I think next week will though, so that will be fun.
This week I have been learning a lot about faith. I am just fascinated by faith, because I keep thinking I understand it, and then I learn so much more about it. This week I learned that if you have faith and ask in faith, there is literally nothing you can´t do. Faith is a principle bigger than God--He has to respect faith. So when we ask in faith, He has to respect it because it´s a law even bigger than Him. All of the prophets and missionaries in the scriptures had success because of all the faith they had. When we have faith, the Lord has no choice--He has to bless us. Isn't that so cool? Faith is the most powerful thing in the whole world. The Lord works according to our faith--the more faith we have, the more miracles we see. It´s amazing! I´m just doing everything I can to strengthen my faith so I have lots of faith! :)
Well fam, I just love you all so much! Thank you so much for your love and support and always being there for me. I am so grateful for all you do for me, and I just love you all so much! Thank you a million times over for all you do for me. "See" you next week! :)
Love, Hermana Boyer :)
P.S. Sorry, I will send photos this week--we didn't really take any this week. I promise promise promise pictures next week :)
Also, we have zone conference next week on Monday, so we won´t write until Tuesday :)
Also, about Skyping--so that little girl in the ward is getting baptized on Christmas Day at 7--so I think we will have to wait to Skype until about 8:30--I think that´s like 12:30 for you guys. Is that too late? Let me know your thoughts. I love you all so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment