*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice

Hello, my wonderful family!

How are you all???? How has your week been??? Are you all so excited for Thanksgiving!!! I hope you have so much fun in St. George and wherever else you are! Is it getting super cold there? Please tell me you are all skiing it up for me! Okay, I´m not trunky at all, but when I think about skiing it makes me trunky haha. I miss it SO MUCH. But it´s okay, I would rather be here!!!!!! :)

This week was full of miracles! This week was so special, because guess who came to our mission?! Elder Quentin L. Cook!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was amazing! We were so blessed. It was so funny--last week in our training, President Pace was like, "So does anyone have any plans next Saturday?" I thought he would tell us to come to a service project or something. He was like, "Oh, cause Elder Cook is coming to Barcelona if any of you want to come." WHAT?! We were all freaking out! It was amazing! It was in Barcelona, so we all traveled the 4 hours to Barc together, and almost the entire mission was there. It was just Elder Cook, his wife, Mary Cook, and Elder Robambo (?) from the Seventy--just us and them in this chapel in Barc! It was incredible! When we entered the room, the whole room changed. It was incredible, the spirit he brought. And he shook all of our hands! It was so neat, I just loved it. It was such a cool meeting because he was so relaxed and real with us. He told us about how he was super involved in writing Preach My Gospel and talked to us about writing it and things he wanted us to know from it. Then he did a question-and-answer section, and I just loved it. He was incredible, pulling out scriptures to answer our questions. Then he told us about his experience being called as an apostle and how when President Hinckley asked him, he was just weeping because he felt so inadequate. He told us how he just couldn't understand how the Lord would trust him with that, and he related it to us and told us that no matter how inadequate we feel, it doesn't matter, because the Lord knows what He´s doing. It was so special, because you never think about the apostles being nervous and going through that. He also told us some really special experiences praying in the temple with the other apostles and First Presidency. It was pretty specific and really neat to hear about it. I just loved it; it just filled us all so much. It was incredible being taught at the feet of an apostle of the living Savior, Jesus Christ. It was such a special privilege, and we felt so blessed from it.

Oh, cool fact--did you guys know that Elder Cook and Elder Holland were mission companions together in Britain?? Crazy!

We had so many amazing miracles this week! It was incredible. We are finding so many people t o teach and it´s so exciting.

One huge miracle was that we were able to teach the family of a woman in our ward whose son has been less-active for a long time. His wife has never wanted us to come over and teach them. But we had a noche de hogar with his brother, and we had such a powerful lesson about the Savior. Then she invited us over last night!!!! We taught them and they have SO much potential. They are such a cute family, and the dad (the menos activo) was testifying to his wife about the BOM and this spark came out in him. We are so excited! We are super excited to teach them, and I know they will get baptized :)

Also, we are working with Cristobal and Susana, that couple from Ecuador, and they are the sweetest people in the whole world! I just love them. They are so ready and incredible, they are just in the middle of a move, so we can never meet with them for very long. But they came to church this week, and we see them all the time. THIS week now that the move is finally over, we are going to set fechas with them and get them going for reals! I am so excited about it.

The Lord is blessing us so much with people to teach, it´s incredible. The members here are so wonderful, I just love them. Catarroja has a charm and it´s just so cute. It´s this little, tiny Spanish town, but with just tons of members! It´s so fun, I love it. And Hermana Shake is the BEST! We have so much fun together! She is so funny--she is so spunky and funny but works so hard too. We seriously just float down the streets together just having so much fun. We get along perfectly and just love every minute. We are both praying so hard that she stays here for Christmas! I just love her.
Life is so good here! I just love this work so much. I was struck so much when we were with Elder Cook that this is THE CHURCH that Jesus Christ established--the exact same church. He is an apostle just like Peter and all of the other apostles. Why can´t everyone in the world know this???? I always tell people in the streets that we have the EXACT SAME church that Jesus Christ established, and so many people just brush it off. I want everyone to understand it so much! We have a prophet and people inspired to lead this church--it´s led by God Himself. What an incredible blessing. This church lives and grows, just like its members. I am so grateful to have this restored church in my life! I love this church and this gospel with my whole heart. I cherish every minute I have to represent the Lord and wear His name on my chest. I love it so much!

I love you all so much! Thank you so much for your support and love and all you do for me! Know that I just absolutely every one of your beautiful faces! :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Love, Hermana Boyer :)

This is us eating Paella with this couple that is so cute! Paella is the most typical Spanish food :)

This is Hermana Shake and me! :)

This is us and the elders here at the open house for our chapel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment