Feliz 2015!!!!!!!!!! Happy New Year! I hope it was so fun for you all! With y'all it´s always a party, so I´m sure it was good :) I seriously can´t believe it´s 2015. I keep finding myself wishing it was the beginning of 2014 haha. But this year will be very good too :) I´m so glad you all had so much fun together on Butternut! I love that retreat idea! That sounded so fun! Yes please, it´s gotta become a tradition. I hope you are all doing really well! Dang, Matt--wisdom teeth, huh? It´s too bad cause you really are a smart kid! (eh eh eh). No, but really, good luck, I hope it´s not too bad!
This week. I don´t even know. There´s so much to say haha. Pretty much this is one of the most miracle-filled weeks of my entire mission. On Monday night and Tuesday here are the miracles we saw:
- We had a really good lesson with Cristobal and Susana about the Great Apostasy, and we were able to help them figure out a lot of their doubts, They both said they know for sure Joseph Smith is a prophet. Yay!!!!!!! We were just about to set a fecha with them, but the lesson got cut off. But it´s okay, it was really good!
- Vanessa and Enrique invited us to dinner and it was so fun! They made us all this food and we had so much fun with them. Then Vanessa said the prayer at the end and after, Enrique just stared at her and was so shocked. He looked at us and told us he had never heard her pray cause usually she´s too shy. He said our visits have helped them so much. Yay!!!!!
- Tuesday morning we were able to find a missing recent convert that no one has found in a long time, and we had a lesson with him! He was actually standing outside just talking to the YM President!
-We were about to cross a red light, then Hermana O´Neill said, "I think we should be perfectly obedient cause we need all the miracles we can get." So we waited and then as we´re walking on the other side, a man comes up to us and says, "Hey, I was wondering if you could teach me about the Book of Mormon, I´ve always wanted to know--when can you teach me about it?" Dang! Hermana O'Neill is amazing. I´m telling ya, she´s bringing us all these amazing miracles with her obedience.
Okay, let´s talk about Carmen. She is the most incredible miracle. So Carmen is a middle-aged Spanish lady who has lots of problems and heartache in her life. We contacted her on the street a little while ago and she said she wants us to come over. It turns out she´s really good friends with a member, Paqui, because she used to come to the RS aerobics class that Paqui teaches. So Paqui went with us to visit her and last week we had a really sweet lesson with her about the BOM. So we went back this week and taught her about the plan of salvation, because she has had a lot of death in the family. She just loved it! Afterwards, she looked at us and said, "So what do I need to do to become a Mormon?" Dang!!!!!!!!! We were floored haha. We invited her to be baptized this month and she accepted!!!!!!!! We were so excited, it was just crazy. It was amazing she told us that she has never wanted to know anything about the church or the missionaries, but when she saw us in the street, she said something in her heart changed. She said when she saw Hermana O´Neill, she said she just knew they had known each other before and she had to let her come over. Ah, it was incredible. It was so so special for Hermana O'Neill too, because she felt such a part of it, even though she can´t speak or understand very much. It was so, so, so special. Seriously, the Lord has prepared her heart so much. It's just amazing. So we are so excited! Biggest miracle ever!
This week. I don´t even know. There´s so much to say haha. Pretty much this is one of the most miracle-filled weeks of my entire mission. On Monday night and Tuesday here are the miracles we saw:
- We had a really good lesson with Cristobal and Susana about the Great Apostasy, and we were able to help them figure out a lot of their doubts, They both said they know for sure Joseph Smith is a prophet. Yay!!!!!!! We were just about to set a fecha with them, but the lesson got cut off. But it´s okay, it was really good!
- Vanessa and Enrique invited us to dinner and it was so fun! They made us all this food and we had so much fun with them. Then Vanessa said the prayer at the end and after, Enrique just stared at her and was so shocked. He looked at us and told us he had never heard her pray cause usually she´s too shy. He said our visits have helped them so much. Yay!!!!!
- Tuesday morning we were able to find a missing recent convert that no one has found in a long time, and we had a lesson with him! He was actually standing outside just talking to the YM President!
-We were about to cross a red light, then Hermana O´Neill said, "I think we should be perfectly obedient cause we need all the miracles we can get." So we waited and then as we´re walking on the other side, a man comes up to us and says, "Hey, I was wondering if you could teach me about the Book of Mormon, I´ve always wanted to know--when can you teach me about it?" Dang! Hermana O'Neill is amazing. I´m telling ya, she´s bringing us all these amazing miracles with her obedience.
Okay, let´s talk about Carmen. She is the most incredible miracle. So Carmen is a middle-aged Spanish lady who has lots of problems and heartache in her life. We contacted her on the street a little while ago and she said she wants us to come over. It turns out she´s really good friends with a member, Paqui, because she used to come to the RS aerobics class that Paqui teaches. So Paqui went with us to visit her and last week we had a really sweet lesson with her about the BOM. So we went back this week and taught her about the plan of salvation, because she has had a lot of death in the family. She just loved it! Afterwards, she looked at us and said, "So what do I need to do to become a Mormon?" Dang!!!!!!!!! We were floored haha. We invited her to be baptized this month and she accepted!!!!!!!! We were so excited, it was just crazy. It was amazing she told us that she has never wanted to know anything about the church or the missionaries, but when she saw us in the street, she said something in her heart changed. She said when she saw Hermana O´Neill, she said she just knew they had known each other before and she had to let her come over. Ah, it was incredible. It was so so special for Hermana O'Neill too, because she felt such a part of it, even though she can´t speak or understand very much. It was so, so, so special. Seriously, the Lord has prepared her heart so much. It's just amazing. So we are so excited! Biggest miracle ever!
The only reason Cristobal and Susana don´t have fechas is because they've been sick and had family for the holidays, and we just haven´t been able to have a real cita with them for a long time. It´s frustrating, but they are still progressing and we are going to set a fecha for this month. It´s HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Okay, so now for the not-so-fun stuff, but it´s fun cause we have seen so many miracles!!!!!!!!! On Monday and Tuesday I got a bad cold, and then Tuesday was one of the coldest, most humid days they've had here and we were out all day. I literally don´t ever remember being that cold. So Wednesday morning I woke up with a fever (102)--I don´t know if that´s really high, but yeah haha. So I was in bed all day and the fever was just high still, and I had a super deep cough. Then Thursday it was the same, so Hermana Pace sent us to the hospital, and they filled me with an IV, and that got rid of the fever but totally drugged me up. Then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I was in and out of fever, and this cough is just way intense. But it´s all good :) I got to go out for a little bit Saturday and we went to church yesterday :) But today my fever is gone, so that´s good. But my cough is still bad, so Hermana Pace is going to call me today to tell me if I have to go to the hospital or not. But I´m on all these drugs that make me loopy, so I've just been a complete zombie--I feel so bad for Hermana O'Neill. She´s been so wonderful taking care of me. She´s had the best attitude. Anyway, so if this email makes no sense, it´s cause I´m totally drugged.
It was so funny though! So when I woke up with the fever on Wednesday, I called ONE member to tell them we couldn´t come to lunch. I´m not kidding--not 5 minutes later, literally--a member called to bring us lunch, one to bring us dinner, someone brought us oranges, someone brought us soup, and the elders were there with a member to give me a blessing. It was so wild!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how wonderful the members have been! They have just been so, so sweet! They keep bringing us soup and food and juice and oranges and medicine and just everything! Seriously, every 10 minutes someone comes to our door with something, I'm not kidding. It´s so sweet. So I´m well taken care of :)
Sorry, I don´t know how profound I can be while I´m on 3 drowsy medications--but here I go. So today I finished the Book of Mormon for my 3rd time on the mission and the first time reading it in Spanish :) This past time reading it since August with the entire mission has been the most powerful experience I've ever had reading the Book of Mormon. I always knew it was powerful before the mission, but I didn't realize how pure it is. It is one of the purest things we have, and because of that it brings the Spirit so strongly. I don´t think there´s been a single time this time reading it when I haven't plead with the Lord first to teach me something and He hasn't taught me just the perfect thing for that day. Then when you read that, the Spirit fills you and it purifies you cause the BOM is pure. I love that purifying--it is what changes our lives. That is why people choose to accept the gospel, not because of the lessons or anything else. It´s the purifying, pure sweet knowledge and spirit that come from the Book of Mormon. It has changed my life, and I´ve seen it change so many other lives too. I love it with my whole entire heart, and I know with my whole being--everything I am--that it is absolutely 100% true. We are so lucky to read it every day! I just love it.
Anyway, thank you so much, fam, for being so wonderful. I love you all so much and am so grateful for all you do for me!!!! I love you so, so, so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Hermana Boyer :)
No comments:
Post a Comment