*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thursday, January 15, 2015

SPRINT

Hello Fam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you all???? I hope you are all doing well and staying warm! Please tell me you are all skiing it up for me? ;) Huge shout out to all the birthdays this week and next week! Liza, Ben, Mini, Katie, and Beth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a party! You gotta send me pictures of all the festivities that sounds like a party!! I hope you are all doing well and happy :) I heard about Matt's wisdom teeth and man, that is so funny. Save that video so I can see it!
Wow. I don´t even know where to start! Pretty much this was a crazy week. Mom, so you don´t worry anymore, I am better!!!!! This week my fever and flu and everything were gone, the only problem was that I kept coughing so hard that I would throw up haha. But other than that I was good! So it was weird. Tuesday night I threw up 3 times, so we went to the hospital again Wednesday and they told me I have laryngitis haha. But I never lost my voice or anything, so who knows. But they gave me lots of medicine, so I've been taking it and I'm better now! This week Hermana Pace told me I had to stay inside unless we had a planned cita--but I couldn't just be walking around in the cold. So Hermana O´Neill was really good and made me come in when we didn't have stuff, even though I argued with her every time haha! But I´m glad she made me come in because I was able to sleep off this crazy stuff and now I feel so much better! So this weekend we worked full time and I was tired, but better :) Now I just have a cough, but that's it :) So thank you for all your prayers! And Lowli, no more worrying cause I am totally good :)

Well, this week was Dia de los Reyes! Here in Spain, January 6 is bigger than Christmas--it´s when the three kings (reyes) come and give the kids all their gifts! So Monday night we watched a huge parade and it was so cool. Then we were in the street (I know I shouldn't have, but hey) and Cristobal and Susana called us and came and found us and brought us to eat dinner at their house, and they bought us all these gifts! We were so touched--they are the most wonderful people ever. Then Tuesday it was the holiday, and we ate with couple that are just the best, Pepe and Pepita :) Pepita has been a member for a long time, but her husband has never wanted anything. Just this last summer the hermanas made him pinky promise to take the lessons, and he got baptized at age 75 :) Most amazing couple ever. So we ate with them and it was so fun.

So updates! Cristobal and Susana. Man. I feel like I have never agonized over anything so much in my life haha. I think about them so much I can´t even sleep sometimes. This week we had a lesson with them and wanted them to get baptized on the 17th. When we invited them, Susana talked about how she has so many problems with her family that she doesn't have time to really figure out if this is true, but she likes it. Then Cristobal said he knows it´s true and loves it, but he doesn't want to get baptized without Susana. We talked to Susana about just praying and about how baptism gives you the power to face your problems, and it was good. The only problem is they've been sick and we pass by them every day but haven´t had a good lesson with them. So we are just praying our guts out for them. But I know they will get baptized soon, because we have never prayed so hard and worked so hard in our lives.

Carmen! Is amazing! She is reading the Book of Mormon like crazy and loves it! And she was so nervous about coming to church, and we kept trying to get her to come, but she was so nervous and didn't want to. Sunday morning we were waiting outside the church and she didn't come, and we were just so sad, so we went and said a prayer. Then as we are singing the first hymn, she walks in!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost screamed haha. Ahh!!!!!!!!!!!! And the best part was that the ward just ate her up and loved her, and she loved it!!!!!!!! This week we invited her to baptized again for the 24th and she said she´s not ready. We kept pushing it, but she just said no. But she said she would pray about it and really, sincerely ask if the BOM is true. She is so sincere and so prepared, so we have no doubts at all she´ll get her answer in no time and she´ll get baptized way soon. We are so stoked! And I´ve always wanted to baptize a Spaniard! She is seriously one of the biggest miracles of my mission. It´s amazing.

Hermana O´Neill is just incredible! Basically, she is the best missionary I have ever seen--she blows everyone away with her faith, obedience, and testimony. Now she is learning to express herself more in Spanish, and everyone is just adoring her fun personality. We are best friends and I am just LOVING training her. It´s been one of the best experiences I've had on my mission training her. I just adore her, and we are just seeing so many miracles because of her faith and testimony :)
So this week we had interviews with President and it was so good. So I sit down and he looks at me and told me he is so proud of me. Then he said, "Okay, so you´re okay to be a Sister Training Leader, right?" My jaw literally dropped and I was so shocked!!!!!!!! So I got called to be a Sister Training Leader! That is like a zone leader for the hermanas. So my job is to do an exchange every week and take care of all the hermanas in my zone. Also, I go with the zone leaders to the mission council of STLs and zone leaders and President every month. Scary! Haha. I am so grateful for the chance to serve, but I hardly feel qualified at all haha. But I am so grateful, and I know the Lord will help me. But it´s an amazing opportunity to learn from the hermanas, and I am really grateful and excited. We'll see how it goes!!!

Also in my interview, I showed President a plan I made. It´s becoming real to me that my mission isn't going to last forever, and I´m going to run with it--I´m sprinting. So I made a plan to be the missionary I have always wanted to be. I wrote down a bunch of goals and things I've always wanted to be and do. Then I made a baptism goal. During the training meeting, President challenged all the new missionaries to make their own personal mission baptism goal. I had never thought about that, but as soon as he said it, the number came to my mind. I know it´s inspired and I know the Lord has prepared these people for me to help get baptized in the next three months. I won´t share the number, but just know that I have a goal for the baptisms I will have in the next three months, and it´s happening!!!!!!!!! It is happening. I know it and feel it with my whole heart, it´s running through my veins. :) I just want you all to know that I am sprinting 100%. I am giving it my all--my whole heart, mind, and everything. I am sprinting and I know the Lord will help me reach my goals. Something I have been learning over and over the past few months is that when we set a goal and do everything in our power to reach it, we can pray and call down the powers of heaven and He will make it happen. The Lord wants to bless us and help us reach our goals, we just have to do everything for it and want it with all our hearts. Then He makes up the difference. Anyone want to sprint with me? Let´s all make goals, want it with all our hearts, do everything we can, and pray with all our hearts for the Lord to make up the difference. Anyone in with me? :) 

I know y'all are praying for me, and I appreciate it and feel it more than you even know. Maybe for the next few months you can pray for me to reach this goal, because it means everything in the world to me. Thank you so much for all you do for me, I can´t thank you enough. I love you all more than you can ever know and I could never be here if it wasn't for your love and support. You mean the world to me, I hope you know that.

I love you so, so, so, so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Hermana Boyer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment