I also wanted to give a huge shout out to Grandma Phyllis today. I have been thinking about her today and just hoping she´s having a wonderful birthday. I have felt so close to her on my mission and I know she is helping me out here :)
Things here are really good! I´m so sorry I didn´t write yesterday! We had zone conference and we didn´t know about it until a few days ago. I'm so sorry! Next week I will write on Tuesday too, cause of transfers! I can´t believe it´s transfers already. I know I am staying here, cause I need to train someone else on the area--so we´ll see who my companion is! This is Hermana Noakes´s last week in the mission and it´s crazy. It´s an emotional roller coaster haha. There are always tears--either happy or sad haha. But it´s good--I know I will be a wreck too. So this week is super crazy full of packing and visiting people and things.
This last week was amazing--we had so many miracles! On Tuesday morning I was praying so hard to the Lord telling Him that I would do everything in my power, literally talk to every single person in my way, if He would put prepared people in our path so we could find new investigators. And it happened! We talked to SO many people, and all of them were incredible! We were getting off the bus and a woman grabbed Hermana Noakes´s hand and told us that she was investigating the church for about 20 years, but never was able to get baptized. She stopped coming because she got offended, but she wants to return and get baptized and sealed to her husband! WHAT?! It was unreal. We ate with her on Sunday, and she is the sweetest thing that ever happened. Biggest miracle ever.
Also, we finally met with the Amigó family and had a real cita with them! It was intense--they told us their whole story and everything, and it was hard to hear. They are such wonderful members that have done so so much for the church. There were lots of tears, and I felt so much compassion for them. When they were talking, I was so overcome with love for them that I was in tears too. I told them that I love them so much and that I can feel the Savior´s love for them. We asked them if we could leave them with a hymn, and the Spirit was so strong. It was incredible. After, the spirit about them was different--they asked us to eat and they were so sweet. I love them so much, and I don´t even know why I´m so obsessed with them, but I just feel a love for them that I can´t describe. I am so grateful we were finally able to help them, and this is just the beginning :)
We are finding lots of new amazing investigators! We are teaching a woman named Manuela who is from Africa but lived in the States for a long time and speaks perfect English. She is really interested and really prepared. We tried to commit her to a baptism date, but she was really scared and wanted to wait until she could read part of the BOM. But she said she wants to get baptized, and she really wants to know if this church is true, and if she gets her answer, she will be baptized. She is super spunky and we love her.
We are also teaching this other man named Javier who is exactly like Mr. Harper! For anyone that understands that reference, they will die. Imagine sitting on a bench teaching Mr. Harper about faith and the Plan of Salvation. It would be quite something. He is a total liberal history professor that doesn't believe in anything, but for some reason is fascinated by Mormons. At the end of the cita, I felt like I should bear my testimony about how faith helps us through trials. The Spirit was actually so so strong, and I know he felt something. It was amazing. I hope he gets baptized :)
Pretty much, really good things are happening here. Tatiana and her family are still doing really well. Diego is going through some struggles and has a lot of doubts, but we are donig everything we can for them and I know he will pull through. I love that family so much!!!!!!
Fam, the mission is the best thing I´ve ever done. This week I read in Romans when Paul says, " I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ." Something I have really been working on is being more bold. I have been trying to talk to literally everyone and invite everyone possible to be baptized. I am not ashamed of this gospel. I am so so grateful for the chance to wear the Savior´s name on my chest every day. I love Him and I know this is His church. What a privilege it is to serve Him and testify of Him everyday. I love it with all my heart.
I love you all so so much, and thank you SO much for your support and love! I couldn´t do this without you. I love you all more than you know :)
Love, Hermana Boyer :)
No comments:
Post a Comment