Things here are super good! This last week was a wild time!!!! Hermana Noakes left! It´s super crazy, I seriously can´t believe it. It was such a crazy week, cause we were running around doing stuff for her and saying bye to people and stuff. And it was her birthday, so it was just crazy! But it was super good. She had the most magical birthday ever! We had an eating cita at 1:30 and we ate tons and tons, then another eating cita at 4 haha :) And we ate a ton. Feeling fat and happy :) But it was so magical--we were eating at President and Hermana Resu´s (the branch President and his wife) and she went in the kitchen to get a cake. All of the sudden Resu comes in with a giant cake and Tatiana and her whole entire family came in singing to her! They put tons of gifts in her lap and threw all this confetti and Hermana Noakes was crying and it was magical :) It was so fun, I think she loved her birthday. Hermana Dorgia and I woke up in the night to decorate the whole piso for her and we made her French toast in the mornings and everything, so it was really fun :)
On Saturday we had a big picnic with the branch, and it was a surprise good-bye party for her. Tons of people came and just showered her with gifts and love, and it was the sweetest thing in the whole world. Everyone just loves her so much, cause she´s so fun and loud and crazy. It was so sweet to see how everyone just showed her so much love. She left behind a huge legacy, that´s for sure. Saying bye to her was hard, because we had been through a lot together as she was going through so many emotions leaving, and we had seen so many miracles together. It was really sad,but I know I´ll see her, and I'm so excited for her and the things she´ll do in her life. It´s crazy that missions really do end sometime. I wish they didn't!!!! Just kidding, I miss you guys like crazy and can hardly wait to see you. But I would love to be a missionary forever and ever.
So my new companion is . . . Hermana Bennett!!!! From San Diego! I am so lucky--she is incredible. I actually know her, cause we did a lot of intercambios in Barcelona together. So I know her well and she is amazing. I really think she is the hardest-working missionary in the mission. She is super, super sweet and happy and just mellow--so I'm way excited. And she´s a Sister Training Leader! My 3rd companion that´s a STL haha. I think President is trying to keep me in check :) I am so lucky to work with all these amazing people, I don´t know how I got so lucky! But I am really, really excited. And also they are bringing two elders back to our branch, so that will be awesome! Now we will have four elders again and us. And they are the Zone Leaders, so we don´t have to travel all the time for our meetings anymore. So there are lots of changes, and we are really excited. It will be super good.
This week we were super lucky--we got to listen to a conference for the women of Europe in Germany and it was broadcast to us. Elder Ballard and Elder Bednar spoke and the Area Presidency. Oh, my goodness. It was honestly one of the most amazing meetings I have ever heard. The main theme was about giving our hearts to the Lord and doing His will, not ours. It was incredible. I wish you all could have heard it! It was amazing :)
So pretty much this week was running around, packing bags, saying good-bye, lots of tears and laughs and little miracles to get her off smoothly and happily :) We did find some really good investigators too, though, and we had some really good lessons :) Things are so good! I love this branch with my whole heart. The other day I was telling President Gomez that Zaragoza is one of the biggest blessings in my life. I have learned more here in this area than I can even explain. It has changed me so much--it has made my testimony so much stronger, helped me understand how to serve and how to dedicate your whole life and everything you have to the gospel. It´s amazing. This area has its challenges and it has been hard, but I love it with my whole heart. These people have my heart. They are incredible, and everyone of them lives their testimony, no matter the cost. That is what the gospel is--living our testimony no matter what the circumstances are. Always giving everything because we know that Christ is our Savior, and that´s the only thing that matters. I want to be the kind of servant to the Lord that these people are. I am so grateful for my mission--I can´t even tell you. I love it with my whole heart. I love my Savior. I´m so grateful to wear His name every day.
Wow, sorry--I just got a little emotional there, I guess! Lots of emotions running this week haha. I'm sorry! But know that I love you all so, so, so, so, so much and am so, so grateful for your incredible examples, love, and support. I love you!!!!
Hermana Boyer :)
These are all the missionaries in Zaragoza :)
This was Hermana Noakes´ birthday with this super cute family that I just love.
This was the surprise celebration with Tatiana´s family!!!!!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment