*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Monday, June 30, 2014

¡Vive America!

Familia!!!! 

¿Como están? How are you all! It sounds like this was quite the week! I´m so jealous a lot of you were doing trek stuff! That sounds so so fun! It sounds like it was a really good experience for everyone with not too many disasters! I´m so jealous; that sounds so fun! How is everyone´s summer going?? I hope you are all having a blast. Welcome home, Spencer! I am so so happy to hear that you are in Utah and doing well! I am so happy I could just burst. :) Happy Birthday to Adam this week! I hope you have a super fun birthday! I hope you are all doing well!

This week was super crazy haha. It was good, but wild! I learned that I do NOT know this area very well haha. I think there was literally one cita we had where I didn't get lost haha! This week was full of wrong buses, running to catch buses, stopping and asking for directions and getting led super wrong, and running all over the city! It was a wild time. But luckily, Hermana Noakes is super chill, and it didn't bother herhaha! I felt so bad I had us running all over everywhere.

Let me tell you a bit about Hermana Noakes--she is a hoot. I just love her. She is seriously the most open, honest, blunt person I know haha. She says what she thinks, and that´s that haha. But she´s super chill and works really hard, and she loves to have fun. She is so funny--she has me laughing so hard all the time. She is from Bountiful and has three more months in the mission. She is pretty much engaged, so she talks about her wedding a lot, but other than that, she works really hard :) She made a goal on Thursday to only speak Spanish, cause she wants to improve it, and she´s been doing it! It´s amazing. So we only speak Spanish now! Actually, I cave and speak English to her and to the elders sometimes, but she hasn't caved! She´s amazing. She´s going to do it for the rest of her mission. At the beginning of my mission I would've hated it, but now I can express myself all right in Spanish, so it´s actually pretty fun. :) She´s really good though, cause she has lots of ideas how to help this branch, and we are combining our ideas and experiences to hopefully help this branch!

This week we had some good citas: Marina and her friends are all doing well--they couldn't come to church, but they are reading the BOM and doing well! We are super excited about them, and they are super prepared! Roberto and his family are also doing well! We are teaching them English, but they are also reading the BOM, and that´s really good! These two miracle families just fell into our laps, it´s pretty amazing. But we are excited about them!

I don´t think I've sufficiently explained about Jessy. Jessy was baptized a few months before I got here. She is from Ghana, but lived in England for a long time and has the best British accent ever. She is seriously our best friend. Whenever she´s not working she comes with us on citas. We are the only thing she has here in Spain, and we just love her so much! She is so sassy and it kills me haha. But she calls it "cheeky" rather than sassy, and I think that´s super funny! But she came with us every day this week, and I just love it. She is hilarious and the most high-maintenance person I have ever met but also has one of the strongest testimonies I´ve ever seen. She´s the best. To deal with Hermana Findlay leaving, she bought me a new pair of shoes--that´s the kind of person she is. I love her so much! Just had to tell you about her cause she´s the best ever.

Alexander and his family are doing well! It was so cute--remember how I told you that we taught them about the temple and made little footsteps with things they needed to do to get there? Well when we saw them this week they had put them in this frame with a picture of the temple and it was hanging on their wall! I was so happy I cried. It was the cutest thing ever. We are hoping and praying so much that Diego comes to church this Sunday, cause the meeting schedule changes!!!!!!!!!!!

This branch has a lot of problems, but we are working as a district to fix it. We've been putting all our ideas together, and we are making a plan to have every single member visited every week, no matter how active or inactive they are. We are also going to have an activity every week for anyone that wants to come. We are going to make a mission plan with every family too. We are praying and fasting so much to know how to help this branch, but I have faith that with a lot of hard work, we can do it. It´s definitely a challenge, but I love it.

Can I just tell you about my day today? So we went to play laser tag as a district. Guess what my score was? Not 100, not 0, yes--NEGATIVE 4300!!!!!!!!!!! On the paper at the bottom it said, "Being last isn't the worst thing that could happen!" We were laughing so hard. Then we went to this park and there was a zip line I wanted to try. I was all excited and jumped on it, but it was too high. I was still holding on and tried to swing my legs up again, then my legs fell and started dragging in the dirt, then I just gave up and fell-- literally face in the dirt. I turned around and they were all laughing so hard they had fallen over. FAIL. Then we played Scum and I lost. Then we are getting in the elevator from McDonald's and it gets stuck! We were stuck for like 30 minutes. Then finally it starts going and it takes us lower and lower, way more than the floors there are. We step out and it´s all dark--like nothing. We were seriously in this dark abyss with nothing. the Spanish lady we were with seriously almost passed out of panic haha. It was a wild time! Anyway,just had to share about my day. :)

Anyway, this week I was reading Helaman 3:35, and it´s one of my favorite scriptures. I've been thinking about how we truly do have to yield our hearts to God so that He can purify them and sanctify them. I think that´s what I have learned the most on my mission, especially the past two months, that we have to give our hearts to God--otherwise we are nothing. I´m so grateful for this refiner´s fire, because it purifies us, even though it hurts sometimes. I love though that one day we will be purified and shiny enough that the Lord can see His reflection in us.

I love you all so much! Thank you so much for being so incredibly wonderful! I love you all more than you even know! Have a wonderful week!

Love, Hermana Boyer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment