*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Email from Zaragoza

Hola familia!!!!!!!!!!!!

¿Que tal?? How are you all?? Happy Fourth of July! How was it?? I heard there were some fun festivities at the cabin and all sorts of things! I hope it was so fun! I was thinking about you all hoping it was a super fun day :) How is everyone´s summer! I can´t believe Matt´s in Thailand! That is super wild. I hope he has so much fun! I hope you are all happy and loving summer! :)

This week was super good! We had so many amazing miracles happen. I just have to say a couple things about Hermana Noakes--she is seriously the funniest person I've ever met haha. I love her so much! We are having so much fun together. We are SUPER different, but best friends. She says exactly what´s on her mind and it´s so funny. She is super loving and just loves everyone. She talks to EVERYONE--literally every time we sit next to anyone anywhere she talks to them like they've been best friends forever and everyone just loves her. It´s so funny. She is hilarious and always has me laughing. She is working super hard though and has brought such a good vibe to this branch! She has lots of good ideas and is super good with working with members. We are seeing so many miracles here!

Yesterday the best thing ever happened--Diego and Anabel and Mateo came to church! Alexander´s family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Their whole entire family came to church for the first time!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I almost died. I couldn´t stop smiling the entire meeting. It was the best thing ever to see them all together in church--for the first time! It was the biggest miracle ever cause we've been praying for that for SO long!!!! Ah, it was the best thing in the whole world!

So like I've said before, this branch has a lot of problems where there´s just not very much love and unity. So many scandals and bad things have happened that everyone has just closed off because everyone´s been hurt so much. We've been praying so hard to know what to do to help it. This week we made a plan though--that we are going to visit every member often to animate them to love and help us. Also, we are going to have a branch activity every week to get people unified. We are going to focus almost all our time on the members so we can fix problems in this branch. We have been having faith that the Lord would bless us because we aren't focusing on investigators as much as usual. And it´s been incredible! He has put SO many people in our path--in the houses of members, on the bus, and just right in our way as we've been working with the members. He is so good to us! It´s been incredible. So we are finding a lot, but also really trying to help this branch.

Here are some little, but really significant successes:


- We visited a woman who is so sweet, but has done so much for this branch and never seen good results, so she stopped caring. But we invited her to try again and to bring the love she has back to this branch. She shared her testimony in sacrament meeting about how she´s been thinking about that, and she´s ready now to give everything she has and love as much as she can. Huge victory! It was amazing!

- A family who is kind of going inactive had us over for a FHE, and they invited a neighbor who isn't a member. We taught Lesson 1 and the Spirit was incredible. Afterwards, the woman said that she had never felt anything like that and she wanted to know how she could get more. We told her about reading and praying. It was amazing, though, because it brought the Spirit into this home, and they were rejuvenated and so excited to help us with missionary work and get really involved in the branch. Huge miracle!

- A menos activo decided that he never wanted to come back to church again. We had a heart-to-heart with him and really helped him sort through things. He decided to come back, and he bore his testimony in church that was incredible! Yes!

- We met with Marina, the lady we are teaching that is amazing. She brought us more investigators! It´s unreal. Also, she decided that to help her friends understand better, she wants to act out the Book of Mormon and give everyone a part so they have to study and understand--isn't that wild? What investigator does that? We talked to her about baptism, and she says she wants to pray and receive an answer for herself. We are praying so hard that she receives it soon. She is amazing! Such a huge miracle.

Anyway, we are seeing such good things happen in this branch. We are just trying to love with everything and serve as much as we can, from cleaning a pregnant woman's house for 3 hours, to making a cake for a woman who doesn't have money to buy her son a cake for her birthday, to planning the welcome-party for a returned missionary, to being in charge of the Relief Society activity. I know as we continue to serve and just love, the Lord will help us bring a spirit of love and unity in this branch--it´s already working!

Also, we had a super fun 4th of July! We wore red, white and blue, and Hermana Noakes had us all say the Pledge and sing the National Anthem haha. We went to a store called Little Taste of America and bought American stuff. Then we met with the elders for lunch and made French toast. It was fun! :)

Well, I'm learning that the Lord really is in this work, that when we pray for Him to bless us with love, He does. I feel like He has blessed me to be able to love these people way more than I ever could by myself. It's incredible. Sometimes we have to just love and serve, and we see miracles. I know the Lord is with us and He loves us individually so much. He's with us in our struggles and our successes.

I am so grateful for all of you and your incredible example in my life! Have a wonderful week! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Hermana Boyer :)



Here we are ready for Church :)


Fourth of July!

I'm so sorry I didn't send pictures last week--I didn't have any! But I will be better about taking more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment