*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Monday, July 21, 2014

Email from Zaragoza

Hola familia!!!!!!! 

¿Que tal? Hello my wonderful family! How are you all? How is the summer treating you all?? I hope you are all partying it up and having so much fun! I hope you are having lots of exciting adventures.  :) I´m so jealous you are all going to party this next month together! Ah, I´m super jealous; that´s going to be so fun! Take lots and lots of pictures and take note of the funny comments that happen when we´re all grazing in the kitchen together, cause those are my favorite in the world :) But really, though--tell me all the details, cause I am so jealous!

Huge shout out to Annie this week! I hope you have such a good birthday! I hope you get to do something super fun! I love you!

This week was HOT! Oh my goodness, I don´t ever remember being this hot haha. This city is like St. George--dry, but super hot and deserty. It´s been over 100 everyday! Seriously, I walk out the door and before we´ve left our complex I´m sweating. It´s quite the adventure!

But this week was really good--full of miracles! The best miracle was that Marina, our investigator who always invites people to listen that we´ve been working with for a few months, finally accepted a baptism date!!!!! It was the best! We´ve talked to her about baptism a lot, but she keeps saying she needs to pray about it and she doesn´t think she can be baptized again even in a different church. But this time when we invited her she said, "Claro!" (like "Obviously!"). It was the best! So she is going to be baptized the 9th of August! The only problem is that she works interna (in Spain almost all of the South American women care for an older Spaniard woman and they live with them as a nurse)--and her interna is leaving for the beach for 2 weeks. So we are super sad cause she´s leaving for 2 weeks, but we are planning on calling her every day and reading with her in the BOM over the phone. She is so ready and she loves the BOM so much, so I know she´ll get baptized. :) We are super excited!

We just had so many miracles: We did intercambios with our roommates this week cause Hermana Porter is a Sister Training Leader, and the day Hermana Porter came with me, every single cita fired! But we passed by TONS of people and every single person was home, and we ended up having 10 lessons that day! It was the biggest miracle ever; I was so grateful. I don´t know why, but the Lord just blesses us so much even when we don´t necessarily deserve it.

Okay, so let me tell you about my new obsession haha. Okay, so there´s this huge family named the family Amigó. He was the stake president and is now inactive. All of his kids want to come back but are afraid cause he doesn´t want them to. When he went inactive, about 6 other men went inactive with him--all leaders in the Church. For some reason, I have become obsessed with this family haha. I think about them all the time, pray for them in every prayer, and just have this intense love for them, even though I´ve never met them! So we´ve been passing by and calling, but nothing ever happens. Finally this week I talked to the daughter, and she said they don´t want anything to do with the Church and to not call anymore. I cried after that phone call, cause I just care about this family so much, I don´t even know why! BUT, while I was praying about them that night I had this feeling to drop off brownies to them the next day. The next day we didn´t have time, but 3 of our citas fired, so we went and dropped off brownies. The next day I was with Hermana Dorgia in her area, and she gets a phone call from a family, thanking them for brownies. After she gets off the phone, she says "Wait, did you drop off brownies to a family yesterday?" I FREAKED OUT!!!!!!!!! The mother of the family called them cause it was the only number they had and said they were so touched by the brownies and that we can come VISIT THEM!!!!!!!!! I seriously was walking on air the entire week. What are the chances that our citas fired so we could go take brownies, that the only day I was with the other hermanas in their area, she called them? Man, the Lord is so good to us. Miracles, I tell you. So we still haven´t visited them yet because they are leaving on vacation for 2 weeks, but she promised when they get back, we can come. On the phone I must have been such a spaz cause I was like, "Oh my goodness, I love your family so much and I think about you all the time, and I just can´t believe you called us, and basically I just really love you a lot!" Probably she thinks I´m super weird haha. Anyway, we are going to reactivate this family and with it, we are going to bring back the other leaders that fell with them. I know it´s possible and we are going to do it, no matter what it takes. :)

Well, we don´t have too many crazy stories this week like last time. This is a story from last week I forgot to tell you, though--so we were waiting for the bus, and we heard a man speaking broken Spanish trying to ask how to get to the train station. I asked him if he needed help, and he´s from Texas! He´s just backpacking around Europe and had no clue what he was doing haha. So we got on the bus with him and showed him to the station. On the way we were talking and became friends with him. Right before he was about to get off the bus, he was like, "Hey, I´m going to Pamplona to run with the bulls, you should come!" (Oh, and Hermana Noakes was contacting someone else so it was just me.) I explained how I can´t and everything. He was like "Really, I´ll buy your ticket and no one will even know you´re gone!" He was trying so hard to convince me to come and finally when the door opened, I just shoved him out the door and was like, "You´re going to miss your train!" haha It was funny. We just have crazy stuff happen as missionaries, I decided.

To answer some questions: we have 6 missionaries serving in the branch, and 6 in the ward, so our district is all serving in the branch, so we have a good team.  :)

You have asked if I ever sing--well, I sing in every cita when we sing hymns, and a lot of times we do musical numbers as missionaries, but I haven´t sung any solos on my mission. We are having a talent show this week, and I´m going to sing and play the guitar, but that´s it! I always pray for opportunities to sing, but I´m too shy to ask if I can sing a solo or anything haha. I think I´m learning that the most important way to use my voice is to bring the Spirit. :)

Well, this work is real! This morning I was reading in John 15, and I absolutely loved it. I realized that the Savior could love perfectly because he was perfectly obedient. When we keep the commandments, we put ourselves in a place to feel Christ´s perfect love and also be consumed with it for others. That is my goal, to always live the commandments so I can always be filled with Christlike love for other people, and that is where we find our joy.

I love this work, I love my Savior, and I know this is His church without any doubt in my heart. In Spanish they always say "No doubt fits in me," and I really like that because it´s true!

I love you all so much and thank you so so much for all your support and love! You are all my heroes! Love you so so so much!
Hermana Boyer :)


This is us eating lunch together for an Elder´s birthday!


President and Hermana Resu came with us to visit a less-active family that live in the mountains. It was super fun; they made us really good Columbian food.

No comments:

Post a Comment