*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Popsicles and Cotton-Eyed Joe

Hello mi famila!!!!!! 

How are you all??? Wow, Butternut sounds like quite the party this week! I´m so jealous that you are all together! Ah, that sounds like a wild time haha--I'm so jealous! I hope you all have so much fun! Is Bear Lake next week? I´m so excited to hear about it; that´s going to be so fun! Don´t have too much fun without me :)

But I hope you are all happy! Thank you so much for all the support this week! Thank you so much for your package, Carrie! I loved it so so so much!!!!!! I about died when I saw Skittles, I miss them so much :) Thank you! And Martha and Lowli for the letters, thank you so so much! You are the best; I am so spoiled!!!!!

Well, this week was super crazy, but so good!!!!!!! Guess what? You know Alexander´s little siblings that are really shy and have never wanted to get baptized???? Well, they have baptism dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I´m just a little bit excited about it. So this week we decided to have a picnic in the park with just the 3 kids--Alexander, Ana, and Mateo--to have a DTR with them haha. We bought popsicles and just chatted with them. They seriously are like our best friends--I feel like they are my younger siblings haha. We asked them what their doubts are and if they really believe what we teach them is true. They said they believe it all and know it´s true. We asked them about their doubts and they said they really don´t have any. So we talked them through a couple things, then asked them if they wanted to be baptized and go to the Temple with their family. They said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! I´m so happy I can barely stand it. The date is the 9th of August, and we are praying so hard for them that they keep up the spirit they have right now. They are seriously the best family; I love them so much! And we are going to get them sealed!!! I´m so happy, it just makes my heart sing :) Also, I can´t remember if I told you, but they´ve been coming to church every week as a family, and Tatiana just got called as RS President!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This family is incredible, and there is such a change in all their countenances--everyone in the branch has noticed it. I love them so much and am so excited for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realized I should give you updates on people, cause I always tell you about all these people and never tell you what happens with them haha. Well, Marina, our little missionary who always brings people for us to teach, is on vacation with the lady she takes care of. So she´s gone, but we text her every night with scriptures to read, and we are just praying so hard that she still wants to get baptized when she gets home.

The Amigó family are on vacation, but they told us we can come visit them when they get home :) I still think about them all the time. Their son, who the elders are teaching, came to church, and I kind of attacked him because I was so excited to meet someone from their family! It was funny haha.
Karla, the amazing girl we were teaching, moved back to her home in the north of Spain, so we can´t teach her anymore. :( But we are going to pass her to the missionaries there, and we are planning on seeing her name in the baptisms soon cause she is so golden. :)

Pretty much summer is just crazy, cause EVERYBODY goes to the beach here--it´s like how every Utahn goes to Cali to go the beach during the summer. So finding steady investigators right now is crazy, cause everyone we find is only here for a while and all our other investigators are gone! But that's all right :)

We are visiting tons of members every week, and it´s so fun. I absolutely LOVE these people. I love these families here so much, and I am so grateful for all they do for us and the chance to teach them.
This week the biggest event was the talent show!!!!!!!! So a family in the ward--the ward, not our branch--decided to have the missionaries put on a talent show so that the members and investigators could see that we are normal people, so they will trust us more. We didn´t really know what we were getting ourselves into, they just told us what to do. But this week we did it, and it was so fun! So there are 12 missionaires here--6 in the branch and 6 in the ward, and we did it all together. It was WILD haha. It was so fun. We had the craziest mix of stuff ever. I sang an Ingrid Michaelson song on the guitar, lots of people sang, someone did the Haka--everything. They wanted to have an American culture song, so we did Cotton-eyed Joe haha and all did the line dance to it. I did a stall and everyone went crazy haha. It´s been a long time since I´ve done break dancing! I also played the guitar and sang with other people, and I sang "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" with an elder who is studying voice at BYU and has a PHENOMENAL voice. I felt like I was singing with like Josh Groban or something haha. Basically, it was super fun and crazy. We felt dumb that it was only us performing, but it ended up being good, cause TONS of people came and they all loved it. They filmed the whole thing and are going to give us a copy and said they would send one to our parents, so hopefully they send it to you guys soon if you want to watch it :)

So pretty much, life is really good here! We are getting tons of activites going and seeing lots of progress with this branch. It´s amazing how activities bring everyone together. I just love being a missionary! I just want to give a little chapa speech cause I love my chapa (nametag)! :) I love wearing Christ´s name on my chest every day, because every day I tell myself that I need to live up to my chapa--do everything so that people can recognize me as a servant of Christ. I love having that standard, and it pushes me to be better every day. I love being a missionary with all my heart. I love it. I'm so grateful for the chance to be filled with so much love that I know is from the Lord and the chance to teach others every day the things that bring us the most happiness. I just love this gospel so much! I know that it´s true, without any doubt.

I love you all so much and hope you have so much fun together this week! I love you so so so so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Hermana Boyer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment