How are you all???? Happy Father's Day, Dad! I'm so sorry you didn't get to celebrate! I hope you get to do something fun this week though. :) But know how much I love you and that I am so grateful for you! Happy Father's Day to everyone else--I hope it was really good! How was Powell?????? Ah, I loved the pictures Mom sent me--it looks like it was a blast! I'm so jealous! All week I kept randomly wanting to jump into water--I think it was 'cause a little tiny part of me was subconsciously there haha. But I´m not trunky or anything, I promise! :) But I'm glad it was fun and that there weren't any huge disasters or anything. :)
Also--Happy Birthday Spencer this week! I don't know if he can email, but Annie, tell him I love him and Happy Birthday! Also, next week is transfers! Time goes so fast, it's just wild. But I can't email until next Tuesday--so don´t be worried when I don´t email on Monday. :)
Oh my goodness, I can't even tell you how amazing, incredible, stressful, and crazy this week was haha!!!!!!! But mostly I have never felt this kind of happiness in my life, because . . . Alexander got baptized on Saturday! It was incredible, absolutely incredible. Thank you SO much for praying for him--he needed those prayers, and I´m so grateful for your support!
So here´s how it went--Saturday was CRAZY--one of the sets of elders had two people get baptized at 7:00, but Alexander wanted his own service, so we did his at 8:00. But the elders´ baptism didn't get done until 8:30, and tons of his family was there and all this stuff! Also, we had to print the elders´programs, find musical numbers, buy and make food, clean everything, help the convert of the elders get dressed since they didn't tell her to bring extra clothes haha . . . just CRAZINESS. But when Alexander´s baptism finally got started, it was incredible. I know I'm biased, but it genuinely was the most beautiful baptism I've ever been to. And lots of other people said that too. We had 57 people there! That's SO many for here!!!! And at least 20 of them--his family and friends--weren't members!! It was amazing.
So Alexander is 16 and he has two younger siblings who are 14 and 12. They aren't really interested in anything because their dad, a less-active, doesn´t want to come back to church and takes them to play soccer every Sunday. But the mom, Tatiana, one day in February had the strongest feeling to come back to church, and she looked up the church on the Internet and showed up at the building. When the missionaries started vising that family, Alexander was super Catholic and told them not to try to teach them. So Tatiana was fighting alone, and it´s been so hard for her. But now, Alexander has had this incredible change of heart and loves the gospel. Seriously, the Lord touched his heart, and he just loves it all--he eats it up and has no doubts about anything. It´s the biggest miracle I've ever seen. So at his baptism we had two talks, then a musical number, then his baptism. President Gomez baptized him and after just pulled him into this huge hug, and everyone was crying. Tatiana turned to us and threw her arms around us, with tears and a huge smile, and it was one of the best moments of my entire life. After, Tatiana bore her testimony about how the song "Families Can be Together Forever" has gotten her through all of this and she is going to get her family to the temple--and this is the first step. Then Alexander got up and told about his change of heart and bore the most heartfelt, sweet testimony. I literally don´t think there was a dry eye in the room. Afterwards, I went up to Alexander and we just agreed that only tears describe the feeling there. The whole time I was thinking of this family that I just adore in white at the temple and how this is the first huge step for them. They have come SO far and they are on the right path. Now Tatiana isn´t alone, and her efforts and struggles are being paid off. The Lord loves this family so much--I know it. Seriously, every time I think about this family in white it brings tears to my eyes.
After all the food and staying late cleaning and running home to be somewhat on time, we both just sat there and prayed together in gratitude for this family and the miracle we saw tonight. Seriously, I can´t describe the feeling at the baptism- it was incredible. Everyone there was touched by the faithfulness of Tatiana and the change of heart in Alexander. It was unlike any feeling I´ve ever experienced--a kind of happiness that you really can´t describe. The Lord is so good to us to just let us watch Him change hearts and unite families. I just love it! I love this work so much, and how grateful I am to be a small part of this incredible work where hearts are changed and families are brought together forever. I just love it and am so grateful for it.
Well, I feel like I should leave you on my testimony haha but there was a lot more that happened really fast: we had zone conference and it was incredible! I learned so much from the Paces and got to see Stu, their son who has been serving here this transfer! We found a bunch of incredible investigators, it´s so hot here that we are constantly sweating no matter what we are doing haha, I went to the bathroom the other night and literally got stuck! I could not undo the lock for real! I was stuck in there for 30 minutes and when I finally got out the other 3 were there with video cameras and the elders were on the phone about to come help me haha. Also, Hermana Findlay threw up after we ate a cake that apparently the cat had walked on before we ate it at a members house. I didn´t know, so I just ate it fine haha. But after she told me and she threw up right as we left the house! It was so funny. Oh the adventures.
Well, I love this work! I love the craziness and the stress because it means we are helping people come closer to the Lord. I am just so grateful for this little family and they mean the world to me! I can´t wait for when they get sealed and I am just SO grateful we get to be with our families forever. I love being able to sit back and watch the hand of the Lord in changing these people´s lives and hearts. I love you all SOOOOOOOOOO much and thank you SO much for your support and love! I love you all so much!
Love, Hermana Boyer :)

Us with Alexander!!!
After all the food and staying late cleaning and running home to be somewhat on time, we both just sat there and prayed together in gratitude for this family and the miracle we saw tonight. Seriously, I can´t describe the feeling at the baptism- it was incredible. Everyone there was touched by the faithfulness of Tatiana and the change of heart in Alexander. It was unlike any feeling I´ve ever experienced--a kind of happiness that you really can´t describe. The Lord is so good to us to just let us watch Him change hearts and unite families. I just love it! I love this work so much, and how grateful I am to be a small part of this incredible work where hearts are changed and families are brought together forever. I just love it and am so grateful for it.
Well, I feel like I should leave you on my testimony haha but there was a lot more that happened really fast: we had zone conference and it was incredible! I learned so much from the Paces and got to see Stu, their son who has been serving here this transfer! We found a bunch of incredible investigators, it´s so hot here that we are constantly sweating no matter what we are doing haha, I went to the bathroom the other night and literally got stuck! I could not undo the lock for real! I was stuck in there for 30 minutes and when I finally got out the other 3 were there with video cameras and the elders were on the phone about to come help me haha. Also, Hermana Findlay threw up after we ate a cake that apparently the cat had walked on before we ate it at a members house. I didn´t know, so I just ate it fine haha. But after she told me and she threw up right as we left the house! It was so funny. Oh the adventures.
Well, I love this work! I love the craziness and the stress because it means we are helping people come closer to the Lord. I am just so grateful for this little family and they mean the world to me! I can´t wait for when they get sealed and I am just SO grateful we get to be with our families forever. I love being able to sit back and watch the hand of the Lord in changing these people´s lives and hearts. I love you all SOOOOOOOOOO much and thank you SO much for your support and love! I love you all so much!
Love, Hermana Boyer :)

Us with Alexander!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment