*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Lake Powell, Eh?

YOU ARE GOING TO LAKE POWELL WITHOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha just kidding I'm not mad. I´ll just go eat some Spanish gelato while I´m looking at a castle :) haha just kidding. :) Really though I'm so jealous and that will be so fun! You have to tell me all about it! I will be praying no disasters happen like crazy wind, losing dee dee (or was it Matt´s blanket) in the water, all sorts of catastrophes haha. But I hope it´s SO FUN! I will be thinking about you guys and hoping it´s wonderful! Do some good cliff jumping and water skiing for me :) And take pictures! I want to see tons of pictures and here all the details :)

How are you all??? Annie I can´t believe you are home! I´m so glad that it worked out for you to come home. I just wish I could be living with you at home at the same time! Wow, it sounds like crazy stuff is happening! I hope everyone´s summer is so fun and everyone´s loving it:)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Sunday is the best day ever and that you feel so loved :) I love you SO much! I wish we could talk to our families on Father´s day too! Not fair! But I hope you know how much we all love you :)

This week was a little crazy haha. It was super good, and super stressful haha. Here are the really good things:
Alexander is getting baptized on Saturday!!! For real!!!!!!!!! Not going to get called into work, nothing--he´s getting baptized! And he´s so excited about it. He´s inviting all his nonmember friends, his family is excited, who are either less active or nonmembers--it´s just the best. He is so smart and funny and he just loves the gospel. About 2 months ago when the other Hermanas starting teaching him he said he was Catholic and would never change, so not to talk to him about baptism. And look where he is :) The Lord changes hearts. I believe it. But I am SOOOO excited for that it almost makes up for not being at Lake Powell :) haha Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another huge miracle--so in November this Spaniard--SPANIARD--family was baptized and it was the biggest miracle ever and the whole branch was so excited . . . and they disappeared about a month later and nobody has been able to get in contact with them. Everyone has tried visiting, calling, but nothing. It´s hard cause they live in a far away pueblo without a bus. Finally this week we asked the Branch Pres., President Gomez, and his wife to come with us to stop by. We prayed the whole week before that they´d be there. So the four of us go to the doorstep (they live in a pueblo, so they have a house) with brownies in our hands and giant smile on our faces, praying they´d open the door. . . and they did!!!!!!! They let us in and were so excited to see us! They said they have just had a lot of problems, had started smoking again, had to work on Sundays, family problems, so they were embarrassed to go to church. But they said they wanted to come back and they want us to come teach them everything again! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were so happy after we could´ve just floated home. Best miracle ever.

Another awesome miracle--so Alexander´s Mom--Tatiana´s--friend Rachel. So basically Alexander´s neighbor who is friends with his mom--we are working with her cause she´s less active but barely knows anything about the gospel. Her kids we are working with us too, who aren´t members. This week we had a FHE at President Gomez´s house with Rachel´s family, but Rachel just showed up. But it turned out to be the biggest miracle--we watched the Restoration video and we all just cried and she said she felt like it was true and it was amazing! President gave her a blessing that said one day all her kids and her would be sealed in the temple! The kids we are teaching! I was just weeping in the blessing--it was incredible. Seriously amazing. Ah, I was so happy!

So amazing things are happening. The Lord is blessing us so much. This week we laughed a lot and pulled out our hair cause of some stressful things like: the Elders called us at 11 the night before the huge branch activity and told us they think we should plan it without them. So we stayed up forever planning it! It went okay despite the videos not working and all these other things haha! Also on Saturday, every single cita we had fired on us and we passed by everyone in our area that we know and NO ONE was home. So we were in the streets for 4 hours in 93 degree weather! We almost died. But we laughed it off, got some Gatorade and we were good to go. Only to find out when we got home that the elders in the ward had a baptism that we were supposed to be at, so we didn't need to walk in the street for 4 hours haha. But it´s okay! Gotta love missionary stress cause it´s all about good things.

I love Hermana Findlay so much! We just laugh so much and just have the funniest stuff all the time. We have so much fun and I am learning SO much from her. She is seriously incredible and I'm so lucky! I just love her.

I just love this work! I am so grateful for who the Lord is shaping me to be. The mission has been the most humbling experience of my life--every day all my weaknesses are right before me and sometimes it just seems easier to give up rather than fight my weaknesses. But the Lord has so much mercy, and I know that He gives us our weaknesses so that we rely completely on Him and have complete faith in Him. I´m so grateful that the Lord is remolding me into who He wants me to be. I´m so grateful for the refiner´s fire even though it burns sometimes! But He knows so much better who we can become, and I´m so grateful He loves us enough to let us hurt so that we grow into better people. I love Him so much and I'm so grateful for this work.

I love you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much, and don´t have too much fun without me in Lake Powell! haha :) 

Love, Hermana Boyer :)



This is Hermana Findlay and me in front of Taste of America--all American food! We were dying at all the things we forgot about like Pop Tarts and Skittles and things haha! I bought Vanilla Coke and Skittles :)


While I was taking a picture, a random Spanish guy came and stood next to me and I didn't even notice him until I had taken the picture! It was so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment