*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Monday, April 21, 2014

Way Better than the Easter Bunny

Hola familia!!!!!!!!

How are you all!!!!!! How has your week been??? I hope that you had a wonderful Easter! I hope Mom and Abby had wonderful birthdays with lots of fun and celebration! How was everyone's Easter? I hope it was good!!!! So in Spain today is actually Easter! Here it's super different than at home. The whole last week was Semana Santa--Holy Week--and they all have school off and work off and it's a holiday the whole week! Friday is a huge holiday and today is the biggest! It's all Catholic and they have all these crazy processions in the street with people that are wearing KKK looking hats haha. It´s a little crazy! But people don't really do much, they just are with their families and everything. But tonight we are going to have two family home evenings with 2 families, and they are going to make us the traditional Easter chocolate cake, so that should be fun!!!! Yesterday was really fun! Hermana Anderson and I celebrated Easter by making chocolate-chip pancakes before Church in the shape of bunnies :) We tried to dress all springy even though it was raining here haha. But it was a really good day!

This week was so good!!!!!!!! SO many miracles happened! We are teaching 2 families right now and we are so happy! It's the biggest miracle ever. So we have Sonia and her family, who are from El Salvador, and her son Oscar and girlfriend are living together and can't get baptized. But they are still progressing and coming to Church and everything! But Sonia is doing so well! She absolutely loves everything we teach them. The bummer is that she has to work the rest of the Sundays in April, so she can't get baptized until May, but that's okay! She is still progressing and we just love that family so much!

The other family we contacted on the street, and they are from the Dominican Republic. We are teaching the mom, Lucrecia, her mom, her daughter, and 2 of their sons!!!!!!!! The only problem is that the dad is a Spaniard and doesn't want them to go to church. But we are working on becoming friends with him by melting his heart with brownies and stuff :) But the family is the best and they love all we teach them! We are so blessed!

Okay another HUGE MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember Jakeline? Who is 14 and her parents are super inactive and who was too scared to get baptized? Okay, so the 3 of us went and got ice cream this week, and we are sitting on a bench in the park, and she all the sudden leans over to us and whispers "yo quiero bautizarme." I laughed and then looked at her and was like "WAIT WHAT!!!!!!!!!" and we all screamed and were freaking out! She wants to get baptized! We were so happy, and I seriously just floated around the rest of the day not even touching the ground. She is getting baptized this week and I am SOO excited! Best miracle ever!

More miracles:
This weekend, Hermana Anderson had to go to the Islands, because Elder Evans was there and had all the mission leaders fly out for a special meeting there. So on Friday I went with an Hermana in Barcelona and we had a lot of fun. On Saturday, Marielos--the cute girl we found that is just here from Honduras and is coming back to the Church super strongly--came with me and was my companion all day! It was so fun! She is so cute and was so excited to be a missionary. So all of our citas fired, and I got a prompting to go visit this family that we hadn't seen for a while and that never come to church. They live super far away, and I knew getting there would be hard for Marielos. But I decided we had to go anyway. So we went, and it took us almost an hour to get there. We walked in and they were eating, but I just invited them to church, told them we loved them, and left them with a prayer. Then..............we're sitting in sacrament meeting, and guess who walks in???? THE FAMILY!!!!!!!!! They haven't come in SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!! Hermana Anderson and I looked at each other across the chapel (cause we were sititng with different investigators) and freaked out! I was so happy, I seriously thought I would explode. Then.............I´m sitting there freaking out and then I look at the door and our family of 8 that hasn't come to church in years walk in! Almost all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just have to tell you that I sat in the back row and just cried. I watched them all walk in with all these kids and I just cried. There can´t be a better feeling in the world than watching families who have been missing the gospel in their lives come back and feel the Spirit again. This family has had so many problems, and they used to be so strong, but they've just struggled so much. And they are coming back! I was so overwhelmed with joy that I just grinned the whole day and seriously was probably the happiest I've maybe ever been. It was the best miracle ever. Way better than the Easter bunny :)

So pretty much life here is good :) Hermana Anderson is amazing; we have so much fun together, always laughing and just seeing so many miracles. Here's a funny story for the week--a lady the elders just baptized is absolutely NUTS!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and her name is Loli haha :) She has two eyes that both look different directions, no teeth except for one screw, and just curls that go everywhere. She says what she thinks and it doesn't matter haha. But at a baptism the other day she was telling us two how she has scars on her stomach. She throws up her shirt to show us--everything--and before we could stop her, the elders walk in and are like "whoa, what the?" And Loli was so startled she yelled "Oye!" and started running with her head backward and she tripped over a bag and went sprawling with her crazy eyes looking every which way and her arms flailing all over!! It probably doesn't sound that funny, but I seriously laughed so hard that I was sick. I layed in my bed and laughed for like an hour before I fell asleep. Gotta love the weird stuff too.

Well, family! I sure love you so much! This morning I read all the accounts of the Resurrection and I was just overwhelmed with love for our Savior! He lives! He is alive, and this is the hope that we have that we can share with everyone--that He lives and that He loves us. We can live with our families in eternal glory because the Savior walked out of the tomb. This is the testimony I am trying to share with everyone, and I'm just so grateful for our Savior! Okay--if you haven't seen the Mormon Message "Because of Him"--watch it right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right after you read this email! I am serious- it will change your life. I´m serious please please please watch it right now; it is so amazing. Dad--you will especially love it.

I love you all so so so much and just feel so lucky to have the best family in the whole world! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Hermana Boyer :)


P.S. I know it´s kinda early, but I get to talk to you all soon on Mother´s Day!!!!!! I´m so so so excited! Hermana Anderson and I were thinking that Sunday is going to be super hard to figure out schedules, cause we would have to Skype at night right when you will all be at church. So we were thinking of asking President if we can do it Saturday--how would that be for everyone? Tell me your thoughts. I love you all so madly!

This is Hermana Anderson and me in our Easter outfits :)

This is Jakeline when she told us she wanted to get baptized! Best day ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment