My wonderful family! How are you all? I hope everyone´s Spring is beautiful and wonderful :) Congrats Joe and Marianne on graduating!!!!!!!!! That is the best thing ever I´m so excited for you!!!!!I am so so sorry to hear about Scott Linscott. I feel so awful about it and I can´t even imagine what you are feeling Luke and your family. I am just so sorry and I will pray for you and your family so hard in every prayer. I am just so grateful for the Plan of Salvation, even though I know it´s still so hard and so painful. I hope that you know how much we all love you and your family and we will pray for you so much.I love you all so much and am so sorry for what you are going through. I will pray for your family and that they can feel comforted and overwhelmed with love.This week we had a holiday here called St. Jordi and it´s the cutest thing ever. It´s the day that Cervantes (the guy who wrote Don Quixote- is that right Melbs?) died, so in his honor they have a day to celebrate fairy tales! So all the women give books to the men, and the men give roses to the women. Hermana Anderson got me a rose just so we could celebrate haha :) Isn´t that the cutest holiday ever? I just loved it. Except it´s not fair cause I would way rather get abook than a rose, but whatever haha.Anyway, this week has been really good! We celebrated Easter on Monday with a family in our ward and it was really fun! Here they make a Mona- chocolate cake and you decorate it with funny things. So we made one with feathers on it and all sorts of things. It was really fun!Our area is really good! I just love these people so much it´s unreal. Sonia and Yessenia and Oscar are doing really well!!!! They are the best family I just love them! They are progressing well and we are so excited cause Sonia can come to Church this Sunday and get baptized the 10th! We are so excited. Yesterday we taught them the Word of Wisdom and she just has to get over her coffee liking, but she will be okay. :) They are the best, we see them almost everyday and they are reading so much and we just love them so much! They are the best miracle ever.We are also teaching Erasmo, that friend of a member that is super duper prepared. In our cita with him this week he said he had some questions about the BOM and we were nervous about it. But we got there and he had read to chapter 10!! And his questions were like how can he apply Lehi´s dream to his life and things like that. Yep. I told you. Most prepared person ever. We are way excited about him!We had the best menos activo miracle again this week! I seriously feel like my calling in life is menos activos, and I am totally fine with that. I absolutely love it. We passed by this woman who is really nice and wants to come back, but is scared. Her husband never wants to listen to us and is always on the computer. So we decided to get up in his grill and we asked him if he could look up Because of Him on his computer for us :) So the 4 of us watched it together and the Spirit was SO strong. (Ps- if you haven´t watched it yet, WATCH IT. I promise it will change you life). But the Spirit was so strong and then afterwards the husband (Antonio) put his head in his hands and just was overcome with emotion. He looked at us and said "I was in the Bishopbric of this ward, and I used to hate it when people left the church- I have no idea what I´ve been thinking." Then his wife too said that she was in the RS Presidency! We told them we need them in this ward and they have got to come back. They hugged each other and decided together that they are going to come back and change their lives. It was amazing! I was so happy I just floated around the rest of the day. It was incredible.This ward is incredible. I love it with all of my heart, I can´t even tell you how much these people mean to me. So they are going to divide the ward in a month, so the Bishop has asked us to visit all these families and strengthen them so that when the wards divide, both the wards are strong. It turns out all the families he wanted us to visit we had already been visiting and they are already progressing. It´s been so amazing to watch this ward strengthen itself and there´s a huge excitement about getting everyone at their spiritual best for the division. It´s amazing! I love love love working with families and bringing them back and helping them become stronger. IT´s the best!I´m so excited- this Thursday the whole ward is going up to the mountains for the whole day and we´re doing all these games and activities and all these things! We have been wanting to go, but President didn´t want us to. Then he went to this huge conference about how important it is to work with members, so he called us back and said that we could go! We are so excited cause the whole ward is going and tons of investigators and it´s going to be the best day ever!!!!! I am so so so stoked it´s unreal. I love these people so much it hurts.Well, life is really good! I am really happy and I love the work. I love my mission so much and I´m so grateful to have the opportunity to watch people change. I love being able to represent the Savior and have His name on my chest. I wouldn´t trade this experience for anything, even though it´s so humbling. Thank you so much for all your love and support!!!!! I love you all so so so so much and I pray for you so much. Just know that how much I love you! Have a wonderful week!Love, Hermana Boyer :)Ps- About Skyping for Mother´s Day, President said we can do it anyday. So it just has to be in the morning sometime to make it work with the time change. It sounds like that weekend will be crazy, so we can do it on Monday or whatever works. Just tell me which day works the best for you cause it´s super flexible on this end. Just let me know and we can figure it out on Monday for sure. Love you all so much!
My name is Jennie Boyer and I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, I have been called to serve an mission in Barcelona, Spain! Here are some of my adventures!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Books and Flowers (from April 28)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment