How are you all??? I hope you are having a wonderful Monday! Especially in HAWAII!!!!!!!!!! That sounds so fun I´m so jealous! I hope that it is such a fun week. Joe and Marianne Congrats!!!!! You are free!! haha that is seriously the most exciting thing ever! Congratulations! I wish so much I could´ve been there for your graduations! I hope that you have the best week in Hawaii and just soak up the freedom :) And Matt I hope you had the best birthday ever! I was thinking about you on Saturday hoping that it was magical. I´m sad we couldnt celebrate together, but I hope it was good :)
Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes! You are all so so sweet I am so grateful for your love and support! I had the best birthday ever :) I am so lucky. So here May 1 is a holiday, so nobody works. So the whole ward- 170 people went to the mountains about 1\2 hour away and we just played all day! It was from 8am to 6pm! So we called President a few weeks ago to ask if we could go because it´s a whole day out of our area, and he said no. Then he went to a conference in Germany about working with the members and he called us back and said to go. Yay! It was teh best thing ever! I seriously was so happy I could barely stand it. I got to be with all these people that I just absolutely adore and just play all day with them. It was so fun cause we rarely get to just play and have fun with the members, usually we are teaching, eating, or something like that. But we hiked- yes I got to really hike! I can´t even tell you how happy I was to HIKE!!!!!!!!!! (well like the mile that everyone thought was this crazy big hike haha), played volleyball, had food given to us every few minutes, ran around with kids, and just got to talk to people. It was seriously the perfect day I can´t even tell you! I didn´t think anyone knew it was my birthday- which is how I wanted it- but at lunch time they called me over and all of the sudden they brought me a cake that the Elders bought and everyone sang! It was so nice, I was super embarrassed, but I felt loved :) Everyone kept giving me random treats and presents for my birthday, they seriously are the sweetest people in the whole world. Then that night we had to do weekly planning for 2 hours, but we made it fun by eating mint ice cream- the only mint ice cream we´ve found in Spain! Miracle. and then it was Hermana Anderson´s one year mark, so we burned a shirt on our balcony haha :) And I opened Mom´s package, which was the sweetest thing in the world! It was a great day :)
Oh and Hermana Anderson gave me a bunch of my favorite candy and got balloons and all this stuff- she is the best :) And yesterday we were eating at a family´s house who we eat at all the time and all the sudden they bring out this cake and candles and sang to me! I had no idea it was going to happen- it was the cutest thing ever. And they bought me shoes that I had seen that I loved, but didn´t buy. I was so excited and was so touched because that family has hardly anything, but they bought me shoes for my birthday. They are so sweet and I was so touched and humbled. So I am being well taken care of here, don´t worry! :)
Okay I¨m sorry I have talked WAY too much about myself! Okay yesterday we had the biggest miracle of my entire life!!!!!!!!! Okay so Sonia is getting baptized this Saturday! I can´t even tell you how excited I am. So investigators have to come to Church twice before they can be baptized. She came to Conference, but has had to work the other Sundays. We have been praying like CRAZY i seriously mean crazy that she could come this Saturday so she could get baptized on Saturday before I leave Badalona. So on Saturday night we were at her house and she said she could for sure come and we were so excited! We went over on Sunday morning to pick her up. . . and she said that she had been called into work and couldn´t come. We were so sad- I cried on the way back to the church because that means I wouldn´t be here for her baptism and it broke my heart cause I love her so much! But then! As we were walking into church I went to silence the phone, but I got the feeling to leave it on. 5 minutes later right before the meeting started, she called and said that her boss just called her and told her she didn´t have to come!!!!!!!!!!!! Best miracle ever right?! I was so grateful I just went around and hugged everyone even though they had no idea what was going on haha. I was in awe the whole day at how this is the Lord´s work and we just have to stand back and watch it happen. It was incredible!!!!!!!!! She came to Church and loved it :)
Other miracles: There´s a menos activo woman who loves the Church but has been away from it for a long time cause of work. We have been praying forever that her schedule would change and it did! She came to church yesterday for the first time in 4 years and was so grateful to be back she was in tears all day.
Another one: We had a FHE with a young couple this week who were both missionaries, but have been inactive. We showed them Because of Him, and they both decided to come back and to change. They are going to come back and be super strong, we just know it.
One more:we were eating at a members´house who are an older couple with no children. we asked them who they know that we could teach and she said that her step sister lives really close, but she has never talked to her. So we went to visit her and she said she didn´t want to get to know her other family cause it would hurt to much. But we went and got Gloria- the member- amyway, and she said she wanted to go visit her and fix things with her family. So we went and the two sisters met for the first time! At first it was awkward and there were some tears (lots of stuff has happened in this family taht we don´t know about), but then all of the sudden they started hugging and crying and are going to eat lunch together from now on! Hermana Anderson and I just stood in the background crying together at how sweet it was. I think that´s the thing I lvoe most about missionary work is uniting families together. There´s nothing sweeter than bringing families back to the Church, into the Church, or helping them reunite. I feel like I´ve been blessed with such an incredible family that I want to help everyone have families like mine. I am so grateful for you all! I love you so much I can´t even tell you! Thank you for all you do for me a million times over!!!!!!!
I can´t wait to see you this week on Skype!!!!! So Saturday works better for you all? That´s totally fine with us- can we do it at like 11:45-12 ish your time? Just cause we have the baptism and it might take a sec to get over there. But we should be for sure good to go if you can all be tuned in around 11:45. Is that okay? Wait- we are still 8 hours apart right? Cause we had daylight savings too. So we should still be 8 hours apart I think.Maybe someone should check just to be sure haha. if we can just do it like we did last time, that would be awesome. Skyping is a lot easier for me. If you can just add me on the call, then I can accept it. someone be tuned into email so that if there´s a problem we can communicate that way. I´m so sorry that it´s so crazy this weekened with all the things going on! I hope that it works out I´m sorry it´s so busy! But I´m so glad that so many of you will be there! That will be awesome. I can´t wait to hear your voices! I miss you all so much! I´m so excited I can barely wait. I love you all so so so much!!!!!
Love, Hermana Boyer :)
This is Sonia and her family!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them so much I can´t even handle it :) Sonia is the shorter, darker one. :)
This is me in the mountains with one of my favorite people in the world :)
On Monday a few weeks ago we went to the Gothic part of Barc and it´s so cool! This Cathedral is incredible- I almost fell over when we went outside cause it´s so pretty! It was built in 1200! What the heck! I was freaking out. And there was someone playing Pachebel´s Canon outside it while we were eating gelato- not a big deal.



No comments:
Post a Comment