My wonderful family!!!
How are you all??????? How was your week??? For those of you that went to St. George, was it just the best?? I hope you had so much fun!!!! It sounds like I got some of you with my ACL line haha. Sorry!!!!! :) How is everyone??? I hope everyone is happy and loving the spring! Or is it still snowing in Utah like last week? Lame. Okay, so Hermana Anderson had a meeting in Barcelona today with all the mission leaders, so I was there until now but my preparation day is ending, so we have to finish writing tomorrow. So those of you that wrote me individually, I will probably have to write you tomorrow, I´m sorry!! It´s not that I don´t love you :) Okay, Mom and Carrie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO SO SO much for the packages!!!!!!!!! I got them today, but I haven´t opened them yet, but I´m so excited and grateful for them--you are the best, and I don´t know what I did to deserve them, but thank you so so much!!! I can't wait to open them tonight, and I feel like it´s Christmas :) Thank you a thousand million jillion times over!!!
Okay, this week was super good! Pretty much I´m just so so happy to still be in my home of Badalona!!!! Oh yeah--and how was Conference for everyone??? I hope that it was super uplifiting and spiritual and wonderful! Guess what? I got to watch the Saturday and Sunday morning sessions live, so I was watching them with you!! (at 6 pm here). I felt so close to you all and it was magical :) I loved seeing Temple Square and everything; it was so crazy!!! So I actually only saw the first session in English and the rest in Spanish (except here nobody sees the last session cause it happens at 10 at night so people watch it on their own). But I watched the rest in Spanish! So to be honest, I didn´t get a ton out of conference, but I felt the Spirit so strongly, and it was still amazing :) So when the conference Ensign comes out if you could send it my way that would be fantastic :) They had a room for the missionaries to watch it in English, but the last two sessions we had investigators so we watched it with them in Spanish :) Yay for investigators! But I understood some and I loved hearing the music and just feeling the Spirit of it all :)
This week we had the craziest miracle of my life. So we contacted this girl named Yessenia from the Dominican Republic like a month ago, and we´ve been trying to get in contact with her forever. Finally this week we set up a cita with her. When we got to her house, it was definitely not the girl we had contacted--it was a girl named Yessenia with her boyfriend and son and her mother-in-law. We were so confused, because it was not the same girl and they were from El Salvador, but hey, we´ll take it!! So we taught them and they are PERFECT!!!! Sonia, the mother-in-law, is so prepared, it´s unreal. She loved everything we taught her and has so much faith. She was so excited to get baptized, and she has a fecha for the 19th!!! Wooohooooo!!!!!!! The other two are really good but they aren´t married, so it'll be a longer process, but it´s still so good!! It turns out that we found their registro (the record of their teaching) in our book after the elders had gone through and found all the ones in their area (this family lives in the elders' area) so it´s a crazy miracle that it was in our book. We have no idea how it got there haha! And we don´t know how the first Yessenia´s phone number got magically transformed into this Yessenia´s phone number! It is the craziest thing. Pretty much we just know the Lord wanted us to teach them, and the Elders told us we could. They are so sweet! They came to conference and loved it, and we are just so excited we could die! Best miracle ever and we are so grateful!!!!!!!
We are still working a ton with Jakeline, the 14-year-old girl. She is super scared to get baptized, but she is ready. We are just working to help her feel confident and feel ready. But she is so cute and came to all the sessions of conference and loved it. I love her!!
Okay, funny story- -we went to pass by Maribel and her family- the family that Hermana Tyler baptized right before I got here. We passed by and Hermana Anderson was playing with the little girl while we waited for the older sister to get out of the shower. Hermana Anderson sat down on the crystal table they have in their front room and 2 seconds later--shatter!!!!!!! The entire thing shattered. Angela came running out in her towel, Marian the little girl got cut and started screaming, the mom came home and was already in a bad mood--pretty much ultimate failure haha. We felt pretty darn dumb but when we left, the two of us just laughed so hard at how dumb it was and we felt so bad haha. At least they are recent converts and not investigators!!!
The two of us just have crazy stuff happen to us all the time, because we are both blonde and just naturally have odd stuff happen to us. Along with my miracle journal I write in every night, I´ve started a weird stuff journal, because we just have crazy stuff happen to us all the time haha. It´s good though, cause it keeps us laughing and makes life exciting!
We are going through the ward list of people we don´t know and finding so many menos activos!! (less actives)!!! They are the best. We feel so blessed to be finding all these people. I have found that one of my very favorite things about missionary work is working with them, because I love watching them find their testimonies again and bring the Lord back into their lives. I didn´t plan on having this be such a big part of my mission, but I´m so lucky, and I love it so much.
Pretty much I just love my mission! I love teaching people about the Church and all these things I´ve known about my whole life. We are SO lucky to have the TRUE church!!! We have the truth and the way to salvation--we gotta share it! I am trying my hardest to share it with everyone I can, and I know all of you are by your examples and the way you live your lives. I love you all so much I can barely stand it! Thank you so much for all you do for me, I really am the luckiest missionary ever. I love you all madly!!!
Love, Hermana Boyer :)
My wonderful family!!!!! Here are some pictures :) Sorry I haven´t sent any in a while!!!!!
I love you all so so so much!! Have a wonderful week!!!!
This is Maribel and her family from the Dominican Republic--the family that was baptized right before I got here. I love them so much!!!!!!!!!!!! (and yes, the one whose table we shattered. . . )



No comments:
Post a Comment