This week was SO good! It was so fun and so much spiritual goodness! First of all though--oh my goodness, we are freezing it up here in Barcelona!!! Everyone says that February is the coldest month here and I kind of brushed that off--but oh my goodness, it´s a different kind of cold than I've ever experienced! It goes right to your bones haha. But that´s okay--we are surviving anyway. :)
But this week we had a 2-day Specialized Training from President and Hermana Pace! It was incredible--I learned so so much and it was exactly what we needed. We got so many ideas of how to get our area on fire and it was so awesome! I love the Paces so much!
Okay--so many miracles!!! This was the best--so on Monday night we were meeting with a less-active couple who are really strong, they just work on Sundays. They have a family of 4 from Honduras living with them that are interested in the Church. We have wanted to teach them forever, but the schedules are all super crazy. So they were telling us they want us to teach this family--and the son and his friend walked in and we taught them!!! So there´s a mom, 2 teenage sons, and a younger daughter. The 2 sons are total gangstas haha. They are the best! So we taught the 16 year old one--Maynor and his friend Luis (equally as G). They were so nice and we teased them and just had so much fun becoming friends with them. They had tons of questions about life and death and all that good stuff. So we taught them the Plan of Salvation! They were super receptive and liked what we said. The couple helped a ton by relating everything to them and bearing their testimonies. It was so good! We were so happy we were floating afterwards. We are going to teach them! So the bummer is that yesterday we had a cita with them and it didn´t go through, but that´s okay! It was a huge miracle and we are so excited to teach them.
This week was so funny because I was so bold!!!! I love adrenaline as a lot of you know, and for some reason this week I was craving adrenaline so much. Usually I crave it, but get it out skiing or something crazy. But this time it came out in missionary work! Every time we contacted this week--I went crazy! I talked to every single person, no matter how creepy, intimidating, uninterested, rude, or scary they were haha. I bore my testimony to everyone and anyone that would listen and it felt so good! I went up to this group of men and told them they all need to come to church! When we knocked pisos, I rang all the doorbells on the floor at once to make it more exciting haha! It was crazy, I don´t know what happened, but I had so much energy and was craving adrenaline so bad! It felt so good though I loved it so much! So good.
So here´s some things about this week:
- We had a family home evening with the young single adults and it was SO fun!!! We are super tight with them, but we never get to hang out with them ever. But we played games with them and we were all laughing so hard we were crying. It felt like college again! It was so so fun.
- We had a family home evening with the young single adults and it was SO fun!!! We are super tight with them, but we never get to hang out with them ever. But we played games with them and we were all laughing so hard we were crying. It felt like college again! It was so so fun.
- Cesar is progressing so well!!!!! We taught him Lesson one this week and he loved it! While we taught him the First Vision, the Spirit was so so strong--and he recognized it. He said that he loved the way we taught and that he felt that this was true. It was amazing! I was giddy on the Spirit by how strong it was. He said the sweetest, most sincere prayer afterwards and it was amazing!!! I love him so much! The only problem is still that he plays on a soccer team every Sunday. We are working with him on it, and it´s hard! But he knows he has to come, and he wants to, but he is on a team he can´t quit I guess. So we´re praying super hard that he can come to church, cause that´s the only thing keeping him from baptism.
- Remember Enrique? Our golden guy that peaced out to Sweden?? He called us this morning!!! We were grocery shopping and I yelled when I saw his name on the phone! We were so happy we were dying. So we are going to teach him when he gets home!!!
- This week I got to eat an American Milkshake!!! Best thing of my life. A few weeks ago we were eating with a young member couple and they asked the food we miss the most from home, and I told them milkshakes. This week they took us to this American 50s restuarant and we ate real milkshakes! I was so happy I could´ve died. It was so good haha. And the place was so fun! It had Elvis and the "Stand by Me" soundtrack playing! It was the happiest ever.
- We had stake conference this weekend!! Yesterday Elder Ballard and some members of the 70 spoke to all of Spain from Salt Lake and it was amazing! It was so fun to hear from an apostol (is that how it is in English? I´m losing my English) and so many saints had never heard an apostole speak! It was amazing. Lots of the 70 spoke in Spanish, so that was fun to hear their Spanish. It was awesome!
- Last night we had a really wonderful experience. We were contacting and we got talking to a woman who started crying and told us her husband had just died suddenly a few weeks ago. We testified to her of the Plan of Salvation and the Savior and that she has hope of seeing her husband through the Savior. We gave her a Plan of Savation pamphlet and bore our testimonies of it. We ended up praying with her in the street and it was one of the most amazing prayers I´ve ever heard--Hermana Tyler said the sweetest things and it was incredible. The woman felt so much peace after and she kept thanking us for strengthening her. It was so sweet. It´s amazing to walk the streets lifting people up like the Savior would´ve done. I wish I could do that in my real life as real as we do it as misisonaries.
This week I have been thinking so much about the Atonement. I have been reading about when Christ comes to America and he says that He has glorified the name of the Father. I never understood what that meant. Then I was thinking that the Father´s glory is having mercy on His children. Without the Atonement, the Father couldn´t show us mercy because we couldn't live with Him in our sins. But because of the Atonement, the Father can show mercy on His children and we can live with Him again. The Atonement allows the Father to show mercy on His children, and that is His glory.
Sorry that was kind of deep but those are my thoughts! I love you all more than you will ever know! Thank you so so much for your support and love! I love you I love you I love you!!!
Love, Hermana Boyer :)




Thanks for posting Carrie. For some reason I can never open the pictures on my computer, so I'm glad I can see them here!
ReplyDeleteI was just going to say the same thing, Mo!
ReplyDelete