*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Changes in Badalona!

My beautiful family!!!

How are you?????? Happy late Valentine´s Day! I hope it was really good! Oh and President´s Day!!! I hope it was a fun day!! It sounds like St. George was a party and a half, and I hope you all did something fun!!!! Ah, I love you all so much!!!! Thank you so much Anna and Martha for the letters this week! I loved them so much and they totally made my day!!!! Ah, I have the best family in the world, it´s unreal.

Wow!!! What a week haha. So Hermana Tyler is leaving Badalona!!!! I am so sad!!!! This is her home--she opened this area and when she got here; it was the first time they had Hermanas in this area (there´s always been two sets of Elders in this ward, but not Hermanas), so the ward freaked out and just took her in like family. She´s been here for 6 months, so it´s so crazy she´s leaving! The whole ward was so sad. So it´s been fun cause this week we've visited tons of members and all of our less actives--all the people in our lives here. It was fun for Valentine´s Day--we made cards for tons of people and took them brownies and cards and got to visit them--so it was so fun! Usually I'm not a fan of Valentine´s Day, but this time it was so fun!  :) Who knew haha. So it´s way sad that she´s leaving! She leaves today in like 2 hours. She´s going to Matarell--a little city outside Barcelona the other direction about an hour away. My new companion is Hermana Andersen, and I've heard she´s from Arizona and super nice--so that will be good! It will be weird, cause now I have to know all the people and streets and everything about this area to teach her--but I feel ready, and I'm up for it. So it will be an adventure, but it will be good! But I will miss Hermana Tyler like no other cause she and I are so tight and I love her so much!!!! Ah, changes in the mission are unreal.

This week was so good!!! Okay--WE HAVE A FECHA!!!!!! A baptism date!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! Okay, everyone says baptisms don´t fall from the sky, but this one literally did. So a few weeks ago, the elders contacted a Nigerian man named Barry, and they said he is really good, so they gave us his number cause he lives in our area. But he never answered his phone. But this week the elders saw him, and it turns out Barry was traveling, but he´s here now and wants to be taught!!! So the elders called us and we went straight the the capilla right then and there and taught him!!! We set a fecha with him for March 1!!! WaHOOO!!!!!! We were freaking out! Nigerians are the BEST--we have this community of Africans in our ward that are literally the most chill people I've ever met, and they all speak English! They are such a party!!! So Barry said he wants to learn, and he wants to become a Mormon, and he´s going to tell all his friends to come listen to the word of God and come be a Mormon with him haha--they are the best people. I love them so much!!!! YAY!!!! Such a miracle. Unreal.

Another miracle!! Yesterday we had such a good lesson with Cesar! He has been loving the lessons, and he totally feels the Spirit all the time, and his prayers are so good, and he loves the lessons, but he is so afraid of having a fecha, even though we've pushed him so much. But yesterday we had a lesson on baptism and we just talked to him and worked through his doubts and his fears and just listened to him. It turns out that the only thing scaring him is leaving his soccer team--ah, stupid Satan is the worst. But yesterday we were able to tell him how important baptism is and the sacrament, and he finally got it and decided to change his life, and he's gonna get baptized!!! YAY!! POR FIN!!!!! That lesson was seriously completely driven by the Spirit--I seriously felt words just coming out of my mouth, and all three of us knew that we were feeling the Spirit so strongly. Ah, I´m obsessed with teaching; it´s the best thing in the world!!!!

Okay, today is super crazy, cause I need to go pick up Hermana Andersen and drop off Hermana Tyler, and we are doing an intercambio with two of the brand new missionaries, and we have no food or beds or anything, so I need to sort out my life, so I don't have much time. I´m so sorry!!! But know that I am so happy, and I love being a missionary more than anything in the world! I love these people here in Spain more than I ever thought I could--I just feel so overwhelmed with love! I love speaking Spanish, I love teaching, I love contacting, and I love life! This Gospel is TRUE!!!!!

I love you all with all my heart and soul!!!!
Love, Hermana Boyer :) :)

P.S. Mo asked if it´s an exaggeration that the elders baptize every week--that wasn´t haha!!! One set of elders are the zone leaders, and they are incredible, and their area is full of Africans and South Americans, so they literally have had a baptism every week since I've been here. This last week they had 3, and the week before they had 3 too--2 different families! Crazy huh?? They are amazing, and I love them and look up to them so much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment