How are you?????? How is everyone doing??? I have the best family in the world--I just hope you all know that I love you so dang much I can barely stand it!!!! I hope everyone is happy and healthy! Thank you so much Mom, Birks and Linscotts for the letters!!!! I loved them so much I just couldn´t stop smiling :) You are all seriously the best!!!!! Just so you all know, transfers are next week, so my preparation day will be on Tuesday, so when you don´t get an email from me on Monday, don´t think I forgot about y'all :)
So ¡que fuerte! is my favorite Spanish expression because it works for everything haha. I say it all the time. And it kind of just describes this week!!! It was a really good week!!!!
So . . . we have a family to teach!!!!! I'm just freaking out a little bit. I think I told you last week that this family is from Honduras and that they live with a young couple who are members. We´ve been wanting to teach them forever, but it just hasn´t happened cause their schedules are all crazy. But last week, we were able to teach the 19-year-old son and his friend!!! It was the BEST!!!! So this week, we were able to teach the Mom, Vilma, and the 9-year-old daughter, Wanda. It was really good!!! The mom used to go to church with her friend so she already knew who Joseph Smith is and everything! Wahoo! And they have family at home that are members! SO golden. Unreal. The hard thing is though that everytime we go over there, we never know who it will be, so it´s hard. But yesterday we fasted so hard that something would happen with them and that they will progress. So, we decided to pass by last night at 9:30 really fast . . . and they were all there!!!!! The mom, the 19 year-old, the 16-year-old son, and Wanda. It was the best thing ever! We were so happy! We hung out with them and talked to them and they all wanted to talk to us. We shared with them a scripture and then set up a FHE with them for next week! YAY!!! We were so happy it was a huge miracle!!! We were floating home last night even though it was dumping rain. Best thing of my life!!! They are the coolest family--the two boys are total gangstas haha. But they love us two because they think everything we say is funny and they love how American we are. They are so funny! Ah!!! I am praying SO hard that they will get baptized!!!!!!
So our other investigator, Cesar, is still plugging along!!!! This week we taught him the Plan of Salvation and he loved it. We invited him to be baptized a gain, and he sitll said he doesn´t feel ready. I got super fuerte- bold with him and he got all defensive. It was like the boldest I´ve ever been with anyone. (Okay, I thought I would learn how to be sweeter on my mission, but I'm just getting bolder and sassier--you´ll see, it´s funny.) But anyway, he still doesn't feel ready--but we fasted for him too, so that means a miracle is on its way!!!!! But he is the best and I love him a ton.
This week we had two days where we didn't have many citas, so we contacted a ton!! Now we are contacting around 70 people every day when we don´t have many citas. It´s crazy! It´s so fun though-- Hermana Tyler makes it hilarious and we just laugh so hard together. Here are some of the things that happened while contacting this week:
-I asked one man if he believes in God and he said "no, but I believe in girls" and just smiled at us. I had never gotten that before, so I had nothing to say. .. . . uh, well in that case, see ya later! It was awkward.
-We went up to one way scary-looking lady outside a bar and asked her if she´s a believing person and she put her hands up in the rock sign and yelled "Satanas!!!!" (Satan!!!!!) We were like, okay, nevermind. She just didn't quite get it.
-We talked to this one man carrying a megaphone and he said he has been called as a prophet and he preaches the gospel with his megaphone in the streets. He said we were supposed to meet him so he could tell us that there´s a verse in the Bible that says women can´t preach. He said we shouldn't preach and we shouldn't have hair either. He lifted up my hair to see my ears and condemned my earrings too. Weird. People.
Another funny story from this week--we have English classes every week for anyone to come and to get investigators. We were teaching and we had one guy stand and say all the conjugations of "put" so like I put, you put, etc. He couldn´t make the "t" sound, so it was a "p" sound. So he was saying, I poop, you poop, he poops, we all poop. Hermana Tyler and I were laughing so hard we couldn't stop him--I literally had tears coming down my face. The elders had to take over cause we couldn't get control of ourselves haha.
This week we got fired on a ton, which is fine because we had lots of other miracles! But on Friday after we got fired on for the 3rd time (we had called all the people that morning and they all told us they would for sure be at our cita), I turned to Hermana Tyler and said "every people is bugging me" like Lizzie said that one time. She loved it so much and thought it was so funny.
Well, that´s all folks! This Church is SO true!!!! I´m so grateful that the Lord really is hastening His work!!!! Today I was listening to a CD and the words from Redeemer of Israel stuck out to me--"Fear not, and be just, for the Kingdom is ours, the hour of redemption is near." The kingdom is ours, everyone!!! We can all do our part to prepare this kingdom for the Lord´s coming. If you pray for chances to share the gospel, I know they will come. This is such an exciting time to be a missionary and a member of the Church!! I love this gospel so much, and my testimony literally is strengthened every day as I share it with everyone I see. I love this work!!
I love you all so so so much!!!! Thank you so much for your prayers and your support and love! It really means the world to me!!!!! Have the best week ever!!! Happy Valentine´s Day!!! I hope it´s magical :)
¡Les amo MUCHISIMO!!!
Hermana Boyer
So ¡que fuerte! is my favorite Spanish expression because it works for everything haha. I say it all the time. And it kind of just describes this week!!! It was a really good week!!!!
So . . . we have a family to teach!!!!! I'm just freaking out a little bit. I think I told you last week that this family is from Honduras and that they live with a young couple who are members. We´ve been wanting to teach them forever, but it just hasn´t happened cause their schedules are all crazy. But last week, we were able to teach the 19-year-old son and his friend!!! It was the BEST!!!! So this week, we were able to teach the Mom, Vilma, and the 9-year-old daughter, Wanda. It was really good!!! The mom used to go to church with her friend so she already knew who Joseph Smith is and everything! Wahoo! And they have family at home that are members! SO golden. Unreal. The hard thing is though that everytime we go over there, we never know who it will be, so it´s hard. But yesterday we fasted so hard that something would happen with them and that they will progress. So, we decided to pass by last night at 9:30 really fast . . . and they were all there!!!!! The mom, the 19 year-old, the 16-year-old son, and Wanda. It was the best thing ever! We were so happy! We hung out with them and talked to them and they all wanted to talk to us. We shared with them a scripture and then set up a FHE with them for next week! YAY!!! We were so happy it was a huge miracle!!! We were floating home last night even though it was dumping rain. Best thing of my life!!! They are the coolest family--the two boys are total gangstas haha. But they love us two because they think everything we say is funny and they love how American we are. They are so funny! Ah!!! I am praying SO hard that they will get baptized!!!!!!
So our other investigator, Cesar, is still plugging along!!!! This week we taught him the Plan of Salvation and he loved it. We invited him to be baptized a gain, and he sitll said he doesn´t feel ready. I got super fuerte- bold with him and he got all defensive. It was like the boldest I´ve ever been with anyone. (Okay, I thought I would learn how to be sweeter on my mission, but I'm just getting bolder and sassier--you´ll see, it´s funny.) But anyway, he still doesn't feel ready--but we fasted for him too, so that means a miracle is on its way!!!!! But he is the best and I love him a ton.
This week we had two days where we didn't have many citas, so we contacted a ton!! Now we are contacting around 70 people every day when we don´t have many citas. It´s crazy! It´s so fun though-- Hermana Tyler makes it hilarious and we just laugh so hard together. Here are some of the things that happened while contacting this week:
-I asked one man if he believes in God and he said "no, but I believe in girls" and just smiled at us. I had never gotten that before, so I had nothing to say. .. . . uh, well in that case, see ya later! It was awkward.
-We went up to one way scary-looking lady outside a bar and asked her if she´s a believing person and she put her hands up in the rock sign and yelled "Satanas!!!!" (Satan!!!!!) We were like, okay, nevermind. She just didn't quite get it.
-We talked to this one man carrying a megaphone and he said he has been called as a prophet and he preaches the gospel with his megaphone in the streets. He said we were supposed to meet him so he could tell us that there´s a verse in the Bible that says women can´t preach. He said we shouldn't preach and we shouldn't have hair either. He lifted up my hair to see my ears and condemned my earrings too. Weird. People.
Another funny story from this week--we have English classes every week for anyone to come and to get investigators. We were teaching and we had one guy stand and say all the conjugations of "put" so like I put, you put, etc. He couldn´t make the "t" sound, so it was a "p" sound. So he was saying, I poop, you poop, he poops, we all poop. Hermana Tyler and I were laughing so hard we couldn't stop him--I literally had tears coming down my face. The elders had to take over cause we couldn't get control of ourselves haha.
This week we got fired on a ton, which is fine because we had lots of other miracles! But on Friday after we got fired on for the 3rd time (we had called all the people that morning and they all told us they would for sure be at our cita), I turned to Hermana Tyler and said "every people is bugging me" like Lizzie said that one time. She loved it so much and thought it was so funny.
Well, that´s all folks! This Church is SO true!!!! I´m so grateful that the Lord really is hastening His work!!!! Today I was listening to a CD and the words from Redeemer of Israel stuck out to me--"Fear not, and be just, for the Kingdom is ours, the hour of redemption is near." The kingdom is ours, everyone!!! We can all do our part to prepare this kingdom for the Lord´s coming. If you pray for chances to share the gospel, I know they will come. This is such an exciting time to be a missionary and a member of the Church!! I love this gospel so much, and my testimony literally is strengthened every day as I share it with everyone I see. I love this work!!
I love you all so so so much!!!! Thank you so much for your prayers and your support and love! It really means the world to me!!!!! Have the best week ever!!! Happy Valentine´s Day!!! I hope it´s magical :)
¡Les amo MUCHISIMO!!!
Hermana Boyer
No comments:
Post a Comment