*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

How are you all? I hope you are all doing well :) Huge Happy Birthday to Lucy and Sam! I hope you had and will have happy birthdays!!!!

Things here are really good! Wow, we have had an amazing week full of miracles!!!!!!!!! The Lord is blessing us with so many amazing people to teach. Okay, let me tell you about them :)

Maria Angeles--She is the funniest woman from the south of Spain, and she's hilarious! I just love her. We found her knocking her door. We have been teaching her for about a week and she's amazing! She loves the Book of Mormon and is so excited about the Church! While I was gone, Hermana O´Neill and another hermana taught her the Restoration, and she said when Hermana O'Neill was saying the First Vision, her body was full of chills and she felt the most amazing sensation. She said she knew that God was telling her it was true. Wow! She can't stop talking about it haha. So she´s getting baptized on the 28th! We are so excited! She is amazing and so funny, we just love her. She has a big smoking addiction, so we are working on that. But she has so much faith, I know it will be okay :)

Alfonso--He is the amazing guy we found last week! He is amazing! Seriously, we had the most incredible lesson with him this week. He had read a ton, then asked US about baptism, then WANTED to say the prayer and said it perfectly--the first prayer he´s ever said! We taught him the Plan of Salvation and he just loved it. He has hardly any religious background, but he just loved it. He said it was so perfect and he couldn't get over it. Wow! The Spirit was so strong, it was just thick. We invited him to be baptized for the 28th and he was all for it :) The only problem is that he couldn't come to church yesterday, so he lost his fecha for that day, but he will get baptized soon; he is amazing!!!!!! I think he is the most prepared person I have ever taught. He came to English class and the ward FHE and NOBODY CAME! For the first time in the history of ever. But both times he was soo chill and cut paper hearts with us four missionaries and had the time of his life haha. He is so cool.

Another miracle: We hadn't found many investigators this week, so on Saturday night we were super busy running from cita to cita, but we prayed and just begged the Lord He would put someone in our path. The next person we contacted was from Brazil (oh my, Brazilians are the BEST, Melba and Joe and Spence :)) And she was amazing! She was so excited and offered for us to come teach her right then, but we couldn't, but we are going tomorrow! She is amazing! The Lord hears prayers. That´s all. There´s no doubt about it.

So things are really good :) Here´s some sad news: Cristobal and Susana have asked us not to come over anymore. They said they are really overwhelmed and have too much going on and don´t have time for the Church right now. We had a cita with them the day after we fasted with Cristobal and he was really weird in it. I actually cried while we were with them haha; it was embarrassing. But yeah, they asked us not to come back or talk to them for a while. I can say it's been the biggest heartbreak of my mission. But I actually feel a lot of peace about it now, I think because I have done literally everything I can for them, and now it's in the Lord's hands. But I know there's a reason for it, because since we stopped visiting them we've had more time and the Lord has opened SO many doors (literally) for us, it's just amazing. I think we needed time to focus on other people, and I know they will come around sometime, it's just on the Lord´s timing. So anyway, it's heartbreaking, but I feel peace about it knowing I've done everything I can and the Lord will bless our efforts.

So things are good! Super, super busy--this week I went an hour down south to be with an hermana in Gandia, and it was so fun. It's on the beach and there are mountains everywhere--it´s gorgeous! It was really fun to be with her. Then I was in Valencia for a day with an hermana who is really homesick and was trying to go home. I spent the day with her and we had a lot of fun and she's doing a lot better, so that was a good opportunity to be with her :) So we are super busy, don't even have our feet on the ground, but we're super happy and loving life :)

This week I have been learning about patience still and mostly about God´s promises. God is a god of miracles, an unchanging god. If He could part the Red Sea for Moses, why can't he part our red seas? I´ve been noticing recently how most miracles came at the very last minute: it took Nephi a bunch of tries to get the plates, Joseph Smith lost the plates and went through an awful repentance time before he started translating and restored the Church, Moses got right to the edge of the water before the Lord parted it. Over and over again. The Lord's timing is perfect. Just because He doesn't do the miracle right when we want it or how we imagine, it certainly doesn't mean it's not going to happen. God is a god of miracles. Every day. Every hour. The only limit to His power and the miracles we see is our faith. So that's why I pray every day, every hour, for more faith :)

I love you all so much! Thank you for being the most supportive and loving family in the world. Seriously. I am so grateful for you; you are what keep me going when it gets rough. You are everything to me! I love you SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Hermana Boyer :)


P.S. Next week is concilio so I won't write until Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment