This week was really, really crazy, but so good! Our feet didn´t even touch the ground, we were just running haha! It was really good though! We had a conference one morning in Valencia and it went really well. I got to speak about diligence, so that was fun! :) Then we had an intercambio in Valencia and I went with two hermanas there, and Hermana O´Neill hung out with some other hermanas and followed them around--she is such a trooper! It was fun--I was with two brand-new Hermanas. This mission did something crazy--they had an hermana who is halfway through her training TRAIN!!!!!!! So they are training each other! But they are doing amazing! So I went with them for a day and it was so fun! They are just awesome. It was so fun--we got to set a baptism date with a wonderful lady, and they are so excited about it! It´s been so fun to get to know all these amazing hermanas! I´ve loved it. :)
So we were out of our area a lot, but the Lord made up for it so much! We were praying so hard to have lots of lessons, and we worked hard and the Lord blessed us so, so much! We had so many miracles. One was a family we are working with--the mom and son are less-active and the girlfriend is not a member. We've been working a lot with them and they all came to church this week! It was the best. Also, we got a reference from a member of a family of 6!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited to teach them! They are so wonderful, and we can´t wait to teach them. Such a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, we had the most amazing lesson with Susana! A member came with us who is incredible. He had to leave early but he was like, "Susana, I just have to bear you my testimony before I leave." And BOOM!!!!!!! It was honestly one of the most powerful testimonies I have ever heard. He told about how he was really strong Catholic, but was always looking for the truth. The missionaries told him to read the BOM and pray, and he did. He said he got his answer so strongly, and ever since his baptism has been so strong and sharing the gospel with everyone. Susana finally got it! Something finally clicked! She was like, "This is what I´ve been missing! I haven´t really read and prayed sincerely about the answer!" We were like YES!!!!!!!! We´ve been telling you that for 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha We didn´t really say that but we were thinking it :) But finally it got to her! So she is so excited to read and pray and get her answer because she is Catholic. AND. . . . . President and Hermana Pace are coming to see them again in like 2 HOURS!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited. President asked me how they are at concilio and I told him everything and then he was like, "Okay, we´ll be down there on Monday the 2nd--they´re getting baptized." Woohoo! We are working so hard to get them baptized on Valentine´s Day! Wouldn't that be so magical!? So I will tell you how it goes :)
Everything else is really good! Just loving life, working hard, teaching lots of people, and having the time of my life with Hermana O´Neill! We are always laughing and it´s so fun. I realized that my emails have gotten pretty serious lately, but know that I am always laughing and we have the funniest stuff happen. Like the other day, we were walking really fast with the elders somewhere and I was walking fast, looking to my left at Hermana O´Neill. All of the sudden, BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hit a pole SO HARD!!!!!!!!! So hard that my arms and legs wrapped around it and my face was totally squished against the pole and it totally knocked the wind out of me and I made the loudest "OOF!" noise haha! Before I gathered my sense and realized what happened, Hermana O´Neill was just dying laughing. Oh man, it was so funny. The best part is that the elders didn´t even laugh haha. Oh gosh. So we have a lot of fun :)
Life is really good! I am so grateful for my mission. I have been thinking about it a lot lately, and seriously, my mission is one of the very biggest blessings I have in my life. I wouldn´t trade it for anything. I feel like I have changed so much and the Lord has just molded me into who He´s trying to get me to be. I still have so much to change and learn, but I´m so grateful for what He has already taught me. It´s amazing how He knows exactly how much we can stretch and He knows exactly how to push us but is always always at our side. A little child has to fall to learn how to walk--but just because we let them fall, it definitely doesn´t mean we don´t love them. We are right there at their side, loving them and experiencing every step with them. Our Savior does the same. He holds our hand and watches us stumble but is right there with us and will never let us fall if we trust Him. I have definitely felt that hand every day of my mission, and I know He is there at our side in every moment, no matter how happy or sad we are. He loves us so much. I love Him so much and am so grateful for the chance to wear His name and be His servant for this time.
I hope you all know how much I absolutely love you! Thank you a million times over for your love and support and all you do for me! I love you and always pray for you!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Hermana Boyer :)
P.S. To answer your questions--I am better!!!!!!!!!! Way better! We have worked 100% this week and I feel great! My lungs still hurt when I cough, but I feel really good and I am completely better. SO DON'T WORRY :) I am totally good and have energy and am healthy! I know it´s cause of all your prayers! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment