How are you all? Wow, I cannot believe summer is over! Do you guys start school this week or next? That is so crazy to me; I still feel like I'm in last winter or something. Time flies so so fast! How is everything going? Thank you so much for the pictures from Bear Lake! I printed the one out of you guys on the stairs and hung it up, and I love looking at it so much! I love just staring at your faces; I miss you so much! I cannot believe how big the grandkids are!!!!! I looked at Caleb forever trying to figure out who it was and then I realized it was him! Ah, it stresses me out--tell them all to stop growing up. :)
Well, things are really good here! Mostly we are still floating from the baptisms, and we are still just so grateful for that. And the best part is that Tatiana and all the kids are going to do baptisms this week with the branch!!!!!!! We are so, so, so, so excited for them. The kids are SO excited. We are so happy, and this is such a good step to get them going to get sealed! Ah, they are the best. They are doing so well, and it´s just incredible the light they have now! Sorry I talk about them so much, it´s just that I love them so, so, so, so, so much :)
This week a really good thing happened with Rachel´s family! So when we first started meeting with Rachel, we had to come when her husband wasn´t home, because she was afraid of him knowing about it. I hadn´t met him until this week when we went there and he was home. We were a little nervous because she had said he is against the Church, but we just started talking to him and chatting with him. We ended up talking to him for a long time, and he was laughing with us, and he said we should come back! He later left cause he had to work, but Rachel just looked at us and started squealing, and she was so so happy that he listened. So we are doing an FHE with them this week and we are so excited!
Ari and Ricardo are doing well--they are reading and praying and coming to church and the activities. They are getting baptized for sure, it´s just a matter of when :) But my goal is to baptize this whole family and have Rachel get her eternal family that she wants more than anything in the whole world. :) We also had a really cool miracle--last week at the FHE that we do every Friday night with the branch, one family invited their friends, a family of 4 from Ecuador. They came and loved it! We did water games, and they had so much fun and connected really well with everyone. We were so excited! So this week we did a FHE in the house of the members with this family and we taught the Plan of Salvation. They had really good questions and loved it all! We are so excited because it´s a family, and we can´t wait to teach them! It was such a huge miracle that this family just fell into our lap cause of the members. :)
Speaking of the activities, they are going really well! Hermana Noakes is amazing at planning things--when it comes to having fun, she takes it really seriously haha. :) So we plan the FHE every week and have a message and then games and food. Tons of people come and investigators are coming a lot. We are finding so many people to teach, but also the branch has a completely different feeling since we´ve started the activities. Everyone is so much more united, and there´s so much more love here. It´s amazing. I know Ana and Mateo wouldn´t have gotten baptized without the activities. Also we do zumba every Friday before the FHE and it´s so fun. Hermana Noakes and I teach it and it´s hilarious! But so many people come--even the men do zumba! We have so much fun, and it´s such a good way to bring people together. So many good things are happening here, it´s amazing. :)
Oh, and another miracle! Last week I found out that Jakeline got baptized! Do you remember the 15-year-old girl we were teaching in Badalona? She got baptized finally! I am still writing her, and I was so, so happy when I found out. Such a blessing!
Also, yesterday we were visiting Amalia, a really sweet, old Spaniard woman who we always go visit to sing to her because her husband just died. We were talking to her yesterday and taught her the Plan of Salvation. She started crying and said that she knows that she will see her husband again and that she knows if he were here, he would accept the things we are telling her. After all this time visiting her, we just found out yesterday that a few years ago she and her husband were listening to the missionaries, but eventually lost contact with them. But they loved what they taught them and they wanted to know more. Wow! I thought she was just completely Catholic and not open to anything. But now she is totally prepared and we are going to teach her the lessons. She is so prepared and so, so, so sweet. She just can´t stop kissing us and hugging us, and she is just the sweetest woman ever. I know if she doesn't accept the gospel here, she will as soon as she gets to the other side. :)
Well family, this gospel is true. I absolutely love the hope that the gospel brings. I love thinking about hope, and I love that when we have faith in the Savior, we automatically have a hope for a better life. I know this gospel brings true happiness and that there is nothing that can replace it. True happiness is keeping God´s commandments and loving Him and loving others with everything we have. I love my Savior with all my heart, and I know that we can have a perfect hope through faith in Him and loving Him. I´m so grateful to wear His name on my chest and spread this message of hope that we have.
I love you all so, so, so much! Thank you for your support and love--it means the world to me! I love you, and have a wonderful week!!!!!!!!
Love, Hermana Boyer :)
P.S. I was wondering if anyone could send us recipes for desserts that are easy? We make brownies and no-bake cookies every week for the activities and for people, but I feel like I should branch out but don´t have any recipes haha. Thank you so much!
This is us with Tatiana´s family- we had a birthday party for Mateo!

No comments:
Post a Comment