*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Email from Zaragoza (from August 11)

Hello my wonderful family!

How are you all!!!!!!!! How is Bear Lake???? Ah, I´m so jealous--it sounds like such a party! The house is SO pretty too! Ah, I can´t wait to hear about all the adventures and everything--that sounds so fun! Dad sent me pictures, and I was dying at how pretty it was and everything! I can´t wait to hear all about it. It sounds like Sarah is quite the life of the party! I love hearing about her haha! That´s so funny. And I am so sad about little Beth´s arm! That broke my heart when I read that! I hope it gets better soon! I hope you guys have so much fun and tell me everything that happens!!!!!!!!!!!

This week was really good!!!!! I decided August is a funny month because it´s SUPER hot. Like seriously, I don´t remember what it feels like to not be drenched in sweat. And everyone, I mean everyone haha, is on vacation! Cause in Zaragoza there´s no beach, so everyone goes to the beach, but they go for the whole month. So it´s interesting! But we are loving it and it´s been a super good week.

The best news is that Ana and Mateo are for sure getting baptized on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I don´t think there are words to express the joy we feel. I don´t think I´ve ever felt joy like this! It´s incredible the miracles that have taken place this week to get them ready for their baptism. So this whole week, Ana and Mateo have been saying that they want to get baptized, but they are just scared. So we text them and call them every day we don´t see them and have been working through them on their doubts. The best thing, though, is that they totally understand that they need to work to be prepared for their baptism, so Ana and Mateo have been reading together every day, praying that the Lord would answer their doubts. And He has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have had so many spiritual confirmations that they should get baptized and it´s amazing!!!!! It´s incredible to see the change that has come over their countenances--they look like different people cause they have this light about them. It´s amazing!!!!!! I cry every time I think about it. 

So finally yesterday we talked to them, and they said that they are for sure ready, and it makes them nervous, but they know it´s right and they want to do it. They are both so excited about it. It´s amazing!!!!!! Also, yesterday we were in ward council and Tatiana--their mom--broke down crying about how she´s so nervous her family will fall away again and that she has all these fears for her family. But then every member there testified how her kids are ready, that the Lord has prepared them for this, that her family won´t fall away again, and all these things. Everyone was crying and the Spirit was so strong. It was incredible!!! And now Diego is all for it--he wants his kids to get baptized, he has a testimony, and he loves the gospel. It´s incredible!!!!!! Last night we talked to Tatiana on the phone and she told us about how a year ago, her kids were completely Catholic, Diego came home drunk every night, and she was going to divorce him--now they are headed for the temple. Ah, I´m crying as I write this just thinking about it. The Lord is so good. I really feel like this family is the reason why I´m on a mission. I love them so much that there´s not even room in my heart to describe it. Ah, sorry I´m getting all mushy! But they need all the prayers we can get--so if you can all pray for Ana and Mateo together, especially while you are all together right now, I know they will feel those prayers. I´m so excited I can barely stand it!

We have had lots of amazing miracles with menos activos this week too. A few weeks ago we met with a woman who is in the military, and she said that ever since she started working in that, she has felt that God can´t exist because she´s seen so many awful things. We had an incredible lesson completely driven by the Spirit, and by the end she was crying, saying how she wants to believe in Him again, even though it hurts her. We have been meeting with her, and now she is reading the BOM every day--and she came to Church for the first time in 15 years yesterday :) The Atonement is real. It changes lives and heals hearts--I´ve seen it.

Other awesome miracles: 
- We went to eat lunch with Rachel and her family, and her whole entire family was there for a birthday party, and we got 11 new investigators from it!!!!!!!! It was amazing.
- We had 5 people come to church yesterday! For us, that´s really big.
- We have found 2 really good people to teach--one is from the street and one is the daughter of a menos activo. Both of them are reading the BOM and are going to progress really fast.

Pretty much, I love this work with all my heart. I just love the change that comes in peoples´ countenances when they accept Christ in their lives. It´s visible, it´s real. I know that the gospel changes hearts, lives and families. I am so incredibly grateful to have a front-row seat to the change that the gospel brings. I´ve seen it over and over again in other people, and I know I´m seeing it in myself as the Lord changes my heart and refines me to be better. I love it so much!

Thank you SO much for all your support and love! I hope you have such a fun week, and I will be thinking about you! I hope it´s a wonderful week together :) I love you all so so so much :)

Love, Hermana Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment