*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Monday, March 10, 2014

Miracle Madness

Hola mi familia!!!! How are you all????? Wow, it sounds like Butternut is going to be such a party this week! I´m so jealous that Anna and Beth are there and the Linscotts are coming!!! That is so fun!! I´m so jealous--I hope you all party it up so much!!!! Ah, I miss you all! I hope that this week is so fun and you get to spend some great laughs together. Happy birthday to Joe and Lizzie this week!!! I hope that you have wonderful birthdays!!!! I will be thinking about you two :)

Ah, this week was so good!!! It was crazy cause we only had 3 full days to work in our area this week! Since Hermana Anderson is Sister Training Leader, she has to do exchanges and this week she went to the Islands for 2 days!!! In our mission, for exchanges the leader goes to the companionship and they are a trio, so the companion of the leader is sort of . . . companionless haha. So I went to the Barc hermanas and just followed them around for 2 days haha. They have 4 people in their piso, so they just let me follow them around and took turns having me come to their citas haha. It was really fun though! It was super fun to spend time getting to know other hermanas and hanging out with them. But when we got home to Badalona we were so happy! I missed it so much and I was SO glad to be working in our area again.

Man, we had the craziest miracles this week!! Okay, get this--so we looked through the ward list and wrote down the address of everyone we don´t know and are going around finding them and figuring out why they don't come. So we did that and we were passing by someone and he wasn't there, but we decided to knock the piso anyway. So we were knocking doors and this lady opens it named Gloria (yes this is our Gloria #3!) haha. But she was super sweet and let us in and we were freaking out! So we talked to her and she was super receptive. She is strong in another church and was concerned why we say we have the only true church and why we have the Book of Mormon, not just the Bible. We turned to a RANDOM page in the Book of Mormon to show her how the footnotes work and that it goes along with the Bible, and we looked up the reference for a random scripture--the reference was Acts 3:21--one of the only scriptures in the Bible that actually says the word RESTORATION (well, in English it's restitution, but in Spanish it says restoration) and talks about why there was a restoration!!! When we read it, Hermana Anderson just straight up laughed. Craziest miracle ever! So from that we bore our testimonies and said--look, it says right here in the Bible that there is a restored church, and we have it!!! She was like, oh wow, that makes sense! And she came to church yesterday! Woo hoo!

Other crazy miracle--the bishop texted us and asked us to go visit a new member that moved in named Monica. We got to her piso and it turns out she is not a member, but had been going to church in Barcelona with her cousin. WHAT??? So yeah, she's getting baptized on March 22, no big deal. She came to church too.

Pretty much, the Lord takes care of us, that's all.

We are so busy here in Badalona! We passed around a calendar for eating citas for mediodia and for FHEs at night, and we are so busy! We eat at members' houses almost every day, and it's the best! It's showing in the amount of references we're getting, our relationship with the members, and on our hips haha. I swear, if I eat like this for the rest of my mission, they're going to have to roll me off the plane. But it's so fun!! I love hanging out with the members! The family home evenings (is that what they're called in English?) have been awesome. From them, we had 2 huge breakthroughs for 2 families with inactive teenagers. Ah, so good! We are just partying it up and getting people to church. We are teaching on average 10 lessons with inactives every week, and it's so fun. They are one of my favorite things to do!

Cesar is doing well--except he couldn't come to church cause he randomly got called in to work. When he told us on the phone, I threw my planner and had a little freak out sesh about what a jerk Satan is. So we will get him this week if I have to go to Barcelona and work for him while he goes to church. To answer your question, Mom--we didn't think he was married--well, he told us his wife left him, but when we passed by his house last night, a woman was there who said he was his wife. We are super confused, and he owes us an explanation when we see him tomorrow.

So yes, life is so good! Last Monday we went to Placa Catalunya, or the Ramblas! It's this huge strip right by the ocean in Barc that sells all these fun things and it's this huge famous market. It was SO fun! And we got to wear jeans!!! The Elders brought an investigator, so they told us we could wear jeans so he didn't feel weird. Good news everyone: my jeans still fit :) It was so fun and we just had a party. I was gawking so much at how pretty Barc is that I accidentally almost got sold some weed haha.

Life is so good! This morning I was reading 1 Nefi 11 when Nephi has his vision, and I realized that there are a few times when the Spirit is testifying of Christ and uses exclamation points! I realized that the Spirit obviously loves testifying because it's his job, so when Nephi was actually there he got to use exclamation points! It made me so happy, and I realized that I always need to be testifying with exclamation points, because we have the true church! We are luckiest people that live on the earth right now--we got to own it! We are so blessed, and this Gospel is the best happiness we can ever have!!!

I love you all more than you will ever know, and thank you SO much for all your prayers and love and everything! I have the best family in the world, and I am SO grateful for all of you!!! I love you so much!!!

Love, Hermana Boyer


Hermana Anderson and I both really liked the same skirt and shirt, so we bought the same ones, and this is us matching :) haha


This is Hermana Anderson and I at Placa Catalunya right in the middle of Barc! There are all these crazy fountains, statues, monuments, and shops, and it's so cool. We had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment