*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Feliz Dia de St. Patrik!!

That sounded pretty official huh? Just kidding, I don´t think this day actually exists in Spain; I haven´t seen anything green really, but who knows!!! But spring is here and it´s GORGEOUS!!! I love it so much!!!! How are you all???? This week sounds like it was SO FUN!!!!! I am SO jealous of all the time you all had together!!! Ah that sounds like the biggest party ever with the Linscotts and Anna and Beth at home!!! Ah, thinking about it makes me miss you all so much I can barely stand it! I love it--bowling, Austenland (are all of my sisters now officially converted to that movie now cause I hope so :), Shivers, ah I´m so jealous!!! I hope it was so fun!!! Huge shoutout to Dad tomorrow!!! I hope your birthday is SO wonderful, because you deserve the best day ever. I hope all the other birthdays this week were really good too!!!!!!

Well, this week was a little . . . weird haha. It was good, but just a little weird. But we had a lot of laughs and it was a good time.

So bad news first: I am not going to get to see Cesar baptized, and I´m pretty sad about it. So I am probably getting transferred in 2 weeks (which i can´t think about without getting teary!!!!), and he just isn´t ready right now. This week we tried everything we could to get in contact with him--I seriously was outside his piso planning the route to climb up to his 4th story window--the only thing that stopped me was that I was in a skirt) but we just couldn´t! So when we met him he told us that his wife left him, but we knocked on his door and a lady answered and said she was his wife. We have tried to keep going back, but she´s super cold to us and won´t even open the door! He texted us and just said he is so sorry but he has to work out some stuff before he can keep meeting with us. Not gonna lie, the last time we tried I cried when we left his house because we´ve worked with him so hard and he is seriously my pride and joy--I´ve been there through all his struggles and seen him progress so much. I wasn´t crying cause I was sad for myself, it was just how sad I was for him because he has such a strong testimony and he´s so close, but Satan is just such a jerk. But that´s okay--I know someday he will be baptized :)

Other bad news--we taught Gloria this week, and she just didn´t understand anything. She just kept saying she loves her church (some evangelical church) and that she doesn´t get why ours is the only true one. So we had to drop her--it was really sad!

But here´s some good news!! Monica (the one the bishop told us to go visit and he thought she was a member but she´s not) is doing really well! We taught her the Restoration and she liked it, and it was a really good lesson. It was such a funny lesson--she lives with her brother and he smokes crazy hardcore tobacco (I swear it´s weed but whatevs), so we literally can't breathe in the lessons!!!! We were sitting there and I had tears streaming down my face from how strongly the tobacco was affecting me haha! She left the room for a second and I opened the window and threw my head out the window and got a huge gulp before she came back haha. We were coughing so hard (we have super bad colds again haha) and could not stop sneezing that finally I started laughing so hard that I just couldn´t stop and Hermana Anderson too. She was trying to teach and kept laughing but passing it off as a cough. It was so funny. At the end monica told us her brother smokes 20 cigarettes a day and was like "Oh my, WE just smoked 20 cigarettes." It was unreal. Gonna die of secondhand smoke, but hey, it´s worth it for Monica :) Hopefully she will get baptized this week!

Other good news--we had some awesome breakthroughs with some menos activos this week. There´s this one famliy that is super lazy and they just don´t come. We always try to visit them, but the whole family is never there. Finally we visited them and they were all there! We were going to share something else, but got the impression to share D&C 90:24--I swear the words were changed for them--it was crazy how hard it hit them and how strong the Spirit was. We set goals with them as a family to read, pray and go to church, and they were all super stoked to come and change and it was awesome! There´s this huge family of a mom with 8 kids and then her sister, who was a missionary but has been inactive for 10 years. They've all been super inactive but we've been working with them so hard and yesterday we had 6 of the kids in church and the sister! Woohoo! it was awesome.

This week we also had a mission tour where Elder Kearen from the Europe Area Presidency came and it was super good! He is amazing and gave us some really good tips for our mission. It was really fun cause the mission met in 2 halves--so we got to see half the mission and itw as the biggest party ever! I saw Hermana Tyler and it was the best!!!
Well, life is good! Hermana Anderson is amazing, and I´m just trying to soak in everything I can from her cause she is so amazing and is an incredible missionary. We have so much fun together and laugh a lot. She is super cool and I´m so lucky to work with her. Life is good and we are just going to keep working for some baptisms up in here!

Okay here´s a shout out to Joe today for my spiritual thought--I got a letter from him this week and it said the coolest thing!!!! Sorry Joe, hopefully you don´t mind. But this is what he said, "I hope and strive to be a portal through which the Lord can get to them so they can have the confidence--building assurance that the Creator and Ruler of the universe is aware and deeply concerned with every detail of their life." Awesome huh! I read that to Hermana Anderson and she was like, "Next prophet for sure." I love that, because we are SO lucky to have the Gospel and to know about our relationship with the Creator of the universe! The King of Kings! We just have to help others see that and help them realize that He loves them. I have been thinking about that a lot this week and really striving to do that.

I love you all so so so much and thank you so so much for all that you do!!! Have a wonderful week and know that you have an hermana in Spain loving you and praying for you!!!

Love, Hermana Boyer :)

P.S. When is Easter? Yesterday in church we were talking about the Resurrection and we were like, "Wait, is it Easter today?" That´s how out of touch I am haha. Don´t worry, though--I remember that it´s the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox--Brad Scott would be so proud! :) (P.S. I don´t know when the spring equinox is and I can´t see the moon cause of all the buildings haha)

This is Norma and Orlando--some menos activos from Honduras that I just love so much! Check out Orlando--he is exactly like Uncle Jim, it´s crazy. (He´s the younger one, not the really old one) haha :) But he reminds me so much of Uncle Jim it´s super funny.

This is Rosalia and Kerrlly in their bar. Aren't they the best? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment