¿Que tal???? How are you my wonderful family!!!!! How was your week?? How were the birthday celebrations in Texas and Cincinnati??? I hope they were super fun! Happy birthday again to Melba and Luke and this week to Caleb and Dan!!! I hope that they are super fun days :) This week I was the most spoiled missionary in the world!!! Mom--your packages were the best thing of my life!!! Seriously I can't tell you how happy they made me! A box full of chocolate and a bunch of CDs :) Thank you so much Mo too for burning those! We cleaned to Disney this morning and it was the happiest thing of my life :) THANK YOU!!!!! Also, thank you so much Hansens for your Valentine letter!!! I got it last week but forgot to thank you! The Mr. Darcy valentine is hanging in my room and I love it so much!!! And thank you Mo for the letter!!! All spoil me so much! OH! And the valentine package from the ward!!! I died I was so happy at the valentines from the whole ward! Whoever headed that up, tell them thank you a thousand times over cause it made my whole life--I could not stop smiling. I think it was Emily Ott--so huge shout out to her for me :) That seriously made my week.
Okay--and if I wasn't spoiled enough!! Yesterday Hermana Anderson and I were greeting outside the chapel and we see this huge minivan pulls up and we're like, "What"? Only two of the members have cars, and they are definitely not minivans haha. Then this mom gets out and 4 kids and we were like, "That is a Utah Mormon family for sure." It was the Marshes!!! It was the happiest thing of my life! I could not stop smiling how happy we were. They are the CUTEST family!!!!! And--they gave us the biggest care package of my life haha! Chocolate, lotion, French jam, peanut butter, everything a missionary needs. We were so happy that Hermana Anderson literally almost cried. They are the cutest family and we were so happy! We sat by them in church and they were just so cute I couldn't get over it. The ward loved them and just embraced them--quite literally haha. It was the craziest surprise! I had no idea they were coming haha. Michelle took a picture of us hugging and she said she'd send it to you, so I don´t know if she did haha. But it was the best thing ever.
This week!! Okay, first of all I have to say, Hermana Anderson is AMAZING. She is an incredible missionary. She works so hard, but so smart. She always thinks of the perfect person to pass by and she's so creative in using members and less actives to find people to teach. She's super bold, but super loving and everyone loves her. She is so down to earth and we laugh together all the time. She has taught me so much and I'm so lucky to work with her, because I have learned a TON. We have so much fun, but we are working harder than ever and seeing so many miracles. I swear she has like Spirit goggles that she just knows exactly who to talk to on the street and stuff. It's amazing! And I love that Lindsay and Mo know her aunt!!!! Oh my, we were laughing about that, and Hermana Anderson was super happy to hear that. That is so crazy haha. Connections all over the place.
This week pretty much everything with our investigators fell through--Gloria was our golden perfect investigator, and she dropped off the face of the earth--won't answer her phone or anything. We are super sad. Same with Barry. But that's okay cause we have Cesar!!!! He is progressing so well, and he loves the church so much!!! He has the strongest testimony already, and he just radiates with the Spirit already. He is my pride and joy!!! And he's getting baptized on March 22! Holla!!! He told us this week that he left his soccer team behind and that he is going to come to church now and for ever. I literally almost fell out of my chair--I asked him like 3 times to make sure I understood. Biggest miracle ever. Prayer works. That´s all. Yesterday he couldn't come cause it was his daughter´s birthday, but he told us that next week he is coming and that he will come for the rest of his life. I love him; he is the best!!!!!
Also, we had TONS of menos activos this week! (Less actives--sorry, I'm at the point where I can't find some English words anymore, and I'm perfectly fluent in Spanglish.) But we had so many miracles with them--praying with them on the street, breaking through groups of gypsy boys to get to their pisos, all the good stuff.
Biggest miracle--do you all remember Rosalia--the one who owns the bar and was Relief Society president but is super against the church now? Well we went to visit her this week and she was alone, and she just broke down and told us everything. Man, with the stuff that happened to her, I´m surprised she even let us in her doors. Literally. When we left the bar, I just cried because of how painful her life is, and I just felt so much pain for her. But we talked her through some of it, and she said that she's willing to start a new life with the Savior as a part of it, and she's going to try reading a few verses every night. This doesn't sound like much-'but for us this was the biggest victory ever, and we were so happy. It was a HUGE miracle and huge wall broken down.
Okay, so fish soup. This week we ate with Eva, one of our menos activos, and she fed us soup with all these clams and OCTOPUS GUTS. No joke. When she left the room, Hermana Andersen spit it out and dumped a bunch of it in her napkin. I literally was planning out where I was going to throw up. Then, we ate at Rosalia's bar on Saturday and she fed us fish soup. We are talking 3 slabs of straight up fish. 3 WHOLE FISH!!!! The things we do to bring salvation to people :)
Basically this week was amazing, and we saw so many miracles with less actives. Also, the elders had a baptism for a Nigerian girl and at the end, her friend from Nigeria who was baptized a few weeks ago gave the prayer (in English). She was at the pulpit, eyes open, hands in the air, praising the Lord and Hallelujah-ing all over the place. I looked up, looked at the Elders and they looked at me and nodded and we all died laughing. The best was that everyone else had their eyes closed all reverently cause they couldn't understand what she was saying cause it was in English!!! Best thing of my life. Gotta love it.
Ah, fam--this Church is true! This morning I finished the Book of Mormon and once again, I was overwhelmed by how true Moroni's Promise is. I have always cherished this book, but until my mission I never appreciated the power that it brings into people's lives. I testify that this book can change lives and that no one can be converted without it. It brings a light to the countenance, a change of heart, and a firm love of God. It´s true. Read it. Pray about it and you will know. I love this book, and I know for myself and because I've seen firsthand the power that it has brought into these people's lives.
I love you all so much it hurts!!!! Have the best week and know that you are SO LOVED!! I love you so much!!!
Love, Hermana Boyer :)

This is Hermana Anderson and I with the Marsh family!!! We were so happy!!!

This is Hermana Anderson and I with Martina!! She is menos activo BFF and it was her birthday last night, so we had a party for her!!!
Sorry, you wanted more pictures of Hermana Anderson, but I haven't taken many this week! But today we are going to Barc with the Elders, so I will take lots of pictures :)
No comments:
Post a Comment