Wow I can´t believe it´s Christmas in 2 days! That is so wild! How are you all!!! How are all the festivities going? I hope that you have all partied it up!!! How is the snow? Are you staying warm? Ah, I bet it´s so cozy and magical!!!!
Wow! This week was weird! Haha! I don´t even know. Hermana Tyler was sick on Tuesday and some of Wednesday so we stayed in piso all day- I almost died haha. But that´s all right she´s better now!!!
We had lots of random things that made this week crazy! On Thursday we had Zone Conference with the Barc zone! It was so good. It was fun- on Wednesday night we had 2 hermanas stay with us cause we had to be there early and they live far away. But one of them was Hermana Benson! She is the girl whose blog I've stalked, whose dad is in our stake, and whose mom is Liza´s visiting teaching companion! So I felt like I was meeting a celebrity. Turns out she´s dating my friend too haha. So many connections. But she is the best! It was fun to finally meet her.
Zone conference was so good!!!! President and Hermana Pace are incredible- I can´t even tell you. They are so strong and faithful, but also very real- like they are so funny and they get our humor and they are super down-to-earth. We talked about the Book of Mormon a ton and how we can better use it to convert. It was so good!!! It was humbling because I have so much to do better, but it was so good and I felt so much love from them. It was fun cause their daughter Amy who is my friend from high school is still here, so I sat by her and we had fun talking. So that´s nice to have a little bit of home! It was really fun. Such a good conference! I am so lucky to have them as my Mission Presidents, it´s unreal.
After that we had intercambios with our Sister Training Leader and she´s super fun, so we had a party. It was good because she helped us think of new ideas and she gave us good insights and helped us be better :)
On Friday night we had the Christmas Dinner that has been the talk of the town ever since I got here. The way they decorated you would think all the royalty in Europe was coming- it was unreal! So pretty. We have been working on this for weeks and it finally came! Okay- it turned out to be probably the most stressful night of my mission haha. So it started at 8:30- here the culture is just super late- like 7 is still considered afternoon. So it started then, and we had to be in piso at 10 which means we would have to leave the capilla at 9:30. So it started to be 9:25 and nobody had even sat down yet! So I am playing for the choir and we have practiced for this SO much, so I couldn´t desert them! Okay- break mission rules or break everyone in the choir´s hearts- ah!!!! So finally Elder Escobar (our zone and district leader) told us to just be back by 10:30. So we were running around trying to get the choir going in the middle of dinner and finally we sang before we had to leave. It was also stressful cause José was there and we had to make sure we had food and friends and that he was happy and all this stuff! We ran home after and we just collapsed when we got home cause it was so stressful haha. Ah!!! Oh well, the life of a missionary.
Okay this is weird- on Saturday a guy from Morocco who has come to church a few times took us to a bar and we had hot chocolate and we talked about all the world´s problems and and all this stuff. It was a weird experience cause he is 32, interested in us, wanting to know about the Gospel, telling us all his life problems, smoking and blowing it in our faces, and having us answer the phone to talk to his girlfriend who he hates. You know, on missions you jsut have experiences you wouldn´t have anywhere else haha. Gotta embrace it.
So last night we were gettting off the metro from visiting the bishop´s family- which was SO fun! We sang them American Christmas songs like Rudolph and they loved it! They laughed with us, sang with us, showed us old photos- ah they are the best family I love them! But anyway, we were getting off the Metro, and this guy our age cut us off. He said that we caught his attention and he had never seen girls like us before. Okay, we get hit on a lot, but usually they just call us cute or something and that´s it. But this was different- he was literally like in love with us, not just thinking we were pretty. He kept saying we were angels and that he was in heaven talking to us. He kept bending down to look in our eyes and he said he could look in them forever. Okay I know it´s way weird, but he was genuine about it. He was like a little boy talking to his crush- he was nervous and kept laughing nervously and stuff. It was so funny! We ended up talking to him forever and he said that we were angels sent to him and he would dream about us and stuff. He tried to give us besos and we ducked, like usual. He was all sad (as usual haha). But he said he respects our rules. Then he started telling us about how he wants to become closer to Christ and he has all these questions about if God is our Father in Heaven and where his brother is that died and all this stuff- BOOM! PERFECT. We were so happy! He is so ready for the Gospel- there´s something different about him. Like he has a Christlike countenance, I don´t know. So we are super excited about him cause he´s a golden contact- and he doesn´t even drink coffee or anything! But then we found out he doesn´t live in our area- we are way sad. But that´s okay. :) He called us before we went to bed last night to tell us we brought something different to his life and he loves us haha. I´m pretty sure our husbands won´t be as enamored with us and he is haha. Unreal.
Wow sorry I ramble on so much! But Merry Christmas everyone!!! I am so grateful for this chance to serve this Christmas. I am so grateful for my Savior and that He was born into this world to bring us the hope and peace that we seek. I think more than anything on my mission, I have learned about my relationship with my Savior. He is literally my best friend and I love Him and rely on Him more than I ever have. As missionaries, your weaknesses are in front of your face constantly, so I rely on my Savior every day to make up for what I can´t do. In Spanish when we pray, we use the tú form- the informal form of "you" that you use when you are friends with someone, rather than using the really formal "usted" that you use when you´re talking to people you don´t know. I love that so much! Because we are talking to our best friend- the person most familiar with us. I love that and he really is our best friend, our advocate, and our Savior in every sense of the word. How wonderful it is to celebrate what He brought to the earth that night in the stable. I love my Savior so much!
I am SO excited to talk to you all I can barely stand it! Thank you so much for figuring out the Skype thing! I'm sorry I can´do much to help haha. So I don´t know which version the members have, but hopefully it´s up to date. But I will make sure it works somehow! Also, people here just have cell phones, so I don´t know if we can call because it takes their minutes, but I can ask. But we will make it work, I know it! It would be awesome Dad if you could have your email open on your phone so we can communicate fast if something goes wrong- so maybe check it every few minutes in case I email you! Ah I´m so so so excited!!!!!! 7 o clock it is. I can´t wait. I will just have it open and wait for the call- I will print off the instructions Dan sent and have them right there. Thank you so much for figuring it out! I´m sorry I can´t do much about it- we can't get on the Internet, so I can´t do anything until we are right about to Skype. Sorry it´s only 40 minutes! I wish it was longer, but it will be the most magical 40 minutes ever. I love you all so so so so so much and I hope this week is so fun for you all! Eat a piece of the Christmas wreath for me and sit at my favorite place in front of the fire for me :) I love you all con todo mi corazón!!!!!
Hermana Boyer :)
No comments:
Post a Comment