
José´s baptism!!!! Ah so happy!!!!!!!! He really is a happy guy, even though he doesn't look it haha :)

Me at the spot where my Facebook photo is! Ah, so so so pretty. The wall I'm sitting on is really famous, if any of you recognize it. It's mosaic and I love it!

The other elders in our ward and us at Park Guell next to the famous lizard there. We look diverse, but we're all from Utah except Hermana Tyler haha

Here is the view- so pretty. I love this city!!!!
Familia!!!! Qué tal???
Hello my wonderful family!!! How are you all????? How is Christmas season? Ah, I bet it´s so pretty in Utah with all the snow and everything! I actually miss snow so much! How is everything going with all the parties and everything? I hope it´s so fun! Martha and Adam- how is Dusty?? Ah, I´m so so so excited to meet him someday! Is he up for adoption yet? haha. But man, I hope it´s such a good Christmas season there. Ski every day for me Matt, k?
So guess what??? I HAD A WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! Baptism white!!! Oh my goodness I can´t even tell you how good it was! Ah!!!! Okay so this whole week, Hermana Tyler and I were super nervous about José cause his interview wasn´t until Friday night and he had had a whole bunch of doubts the week before and he made mention about some worthiness issues, but we weren´t sure if that was in the past, or still a problem. So we were not letting ourselves get too excited about Saturday. But Friday he had an interview with Elder Escobar and he is golden!!!!!! Oh my goodness, is he golden or what. We were so excited that he just kept laughing cause we were freaking out. So Saturday, we spent the whole day at the capilla getting the font filled, setting up chairs, just doing all these random things to get ready. He came and we were so excited!!!! Ah!!!!! The best part is that he was so happy and so so peaceful about everything. I couldn´t believe how happy he was- I´ve never seen him like that. He was so peaceful and just kept saying how good he felt. So it happened!!! The service was perfect- thanks to a whole bunch of incredible members doing talks and things super last minute since we couldn´t plan the service until after his interview- but the members saved us! They are so supportive of him and they have already taken him in. Ah, it was the best thing ever! After, he was just so happy and he felt so good. He was so excited to be rid of his sins and just be clean, it was amazing. At the end of the service, he gave his testimony. He said that he has had a complete change of heart and he is ready to go forward with faith and give this everything. yay!!!! We were so happy. The best too is that his wife and daughter in Ecuador have been members for a while, so they are so happy! The bishop is going to call their bishop and get temple goals worked out too!!! Ah!!! So exciting. I´m so grateful that the Lord blessed us with this Christmas miracle. It´s amazing to see people change and see how their whole countenance is completely different. I am so happy, I can barely stand it!
Okay so the rest of this week. . . on Monday the other elders in our ward and us went to Park Guell, one of the most famous things in Barcelona. It´s amazing! It was so cool. It´s all done by Gaudi and it´s stunning. I realized that the picture on my Facebook- that gorgeous picture of Barcelona that I always show everyone- was taken there! I took a picture from the exact spot haha. It was so much fun.
Okay here´s a miracle story for you. On Monday night, we were exhausted from the Park and we were contacting in the freezing cold, so no one was listening. We were waiting for the Metro to try a different area, and I just prayed so hard that the Lord would lead us to someone that needed us that night. Right as I looked up, a woman passed me and I knew we needed to talk to her. It was like an arrow in neon lights was above her head haha. So we sat by her on the Metro and talked to her. It turns out that she has been less active for a lot of years, and shés been going through some really hard things, but she still loves the Lord. She cried to us and just kept saying how grateful she was that we met her that night and she needed that. When we put her number in our phone, it was already there! Turns out Hermana Tyler had contacted her a few months ago haha wow! So crazy. Obviously the Lord loves that woman so much. It was amazing, we gave her our support and love and she said she would call us. So good! I was so happy and so grateful for the Lord´s answer to my prayer.
Okay, so here´s a really weird story for you haha. So on Saturday us two were at the capilla all day and the door rang, so we got it. It was a girl about 15 and her cousin who was about 10. They said that they had gotten a tour of the capilla before and they wanted to know more about the church. Perfect! Golden!. . .. except that they were gypsies haha. (Okay, side note- I thought that the stereotypical gypsy didn´t exist that steals things and sings and claps all the time, but they do haha. They sing and clap on the metro and everything, it´s wild. Our area has gypsies all over haha. we aren´t supposed to teach them really because their religion is so strict). Anyway, the girl was super nice and took pictures with us and all this stuff. Then she told us that she came here because her boyfriend likes her cousin, and she wants us to pray that her boyfriend will like her instead. I had no idea what to do, but Hermana Tyler was like, All right! So we took them into a classroom, knelt with them, taught them how to pray, and prayed for just that. As we were praying, I thought to myself, "this might be the strangest thing I have ever done." haha. So yep! Weird huh? We prayed with a gypsy girl that her boyfriend would like her. But at least we taught her to pray :)
Okay now for something you will be proud of me for!!! This week I ate straight up chicken twice!!!! Twice when we ate with members they gave me a huge breast straight off a chicken- one had the heart and veins and everything. The first time, I had to put my mind in a different place and just pray haha. But the second time, it didn´t really phase me! And both times I was surprised by how good it tasted. I´m going to come home a total carnivore! haha just kidding. But after the first time, I told Hermana Tyler that she has to understand that that was life changing for me! haha it was so funny. But I know you will all appreciate that cause you´ve seen me around meat at home haha. Hopefully my mission will help me get over the weird phobia. (Speaking of phobias, I thought I was so lucky that I hadn´t seen a spider in Spain until this morning when a HUGE- seriously HUGE spider stepped out of Hermana Tyler´s shoe as she was putting it on. I´m planning on having nightmares for the next month, but it´s fine.)
Ah family, this church is so true! There are so many times when I walk down the street and I¨m thinking "Is this real life? I´m a white girl from Holladay walking in this ghetto haha.What am I doing??" But I always think of a talk Elder Holland gave in the MTC when he says, "You think that this isn´t real life being a missionary?? This is as close to real life as you will EVER get. Capital R. Capital L. REAL LIFE:" I love that cause it´s so true- I´m walking down the ghetto trying to help people with their lives, it´s crazy haha! But in that same talk, Elder Holland said "people always ask me when the Second Coming is happening and I always say I don´t know, but I know that it started in Spring of 1820." Dang! The Second Coming is happening!!!! We are all a part of this work, laboring with the Lord in His vineyard for the last time, trying to get the world ready for His coming. Right after that, Elder Holland says, "We are the generation that gets to hand the Lord the keys of the kingdom when He comes." So cool. We get to prepare the world for our King to come, and how grateful I am to be part of that work right now. I know you are all part of that work as well. Pray for missionary opportunities- I know they will come. Talk about the Gospel- why not? This is it! Capital R. Capital L. REAL LIFE. And I love it!
Have the best week ever! I love you all so much and I seriously can´t thank you enough for your love, support, and prayers. I seriously can feel it across the ocean :) I love you all so so so much!!!
Love, Hermana Boyer
PS- I can´t wait to talk to you all so soon!!! Thank you so much for figuring out the Skype thing! I´m so sorry I´m not more hlep, we are kind of helpless until a member offers us something haha. But a member did offer for us to use their skype on Christmas night at 7 here- so 11 AM your time. Is that okay? I´m so sorry that i can´t really choose the time- so if it doesn´t work for you all, it´s okay,Í´ll take whoever I can get haha. I´m sorry though if that´s in the middle of everything. So we are trying to figure out if they have a phone, but most members just have cell phones, so I´m not sure if we can use it or not, but I will find out this week. But all the missionaries have done Skype premium before and they say it works, so that´s good. So hopefullly it will be okay! I´m sorry you have to buy it! Thank you so much for figuring it out, I really am so sorry- we don´t really have much say, it´s just whatever the members offer us. But if you could have your email open that morning and while we are trying to set it up, that would be stellar cause I can communicate with you that way. ah, I´m SO EXCITED!!!! Also, in answer to your question Dad, I´ll still email you next Monday, our P day is still that day and then Christmas is just visiting members and stuff like that- hopefully not contacting haha.
PS again- if you send letters, would you mind sending them to my new address that I sent a couple weeks ago? We only get stuff from the mission home about 2 times a month haha. But it´s totally fine, you dont´have to write letters, but if you do, send them here haha. I love you all so madly!
No comments:
Post a Comment