*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Email from Madrid

Hola mi familia!!!!!! ¿Como estan?!!!

Oh my goodness how are you all??? How has your week been?? How was Cincinatti?? It sounds like it was so fun! I´m so glad that you both got to go and hang out with the Linscotts that sounds so fun! I bet that was such a party. I was thinking about you there hoping it was good! Oh my heavens Luke!!! I´m so excited for you! Wow that´s such a big decision, I bet that feels good to have over haha. I´m so excited for you, that sounds like an amazing position. ¡Felicidades!

How is everyone else doing? Is it freezing in Salt Lake? That´s too bad cause it´s only 73 here right now. . . pretty rough. haha just kidding :) But really, it´s still really warm. Life in España is amazing!!! I wish I could tell you how much I love it here. I love it more than I even thought I could. I am completely in love with Spain! Everything about it!! The CCM is seriously a heaven on earth, it´s an incredible place. Everyone here is like my family- we all are super super close and best friends. My companions are the best. Sister Statham is so great and I love her so much. It´s sad though cause we are only really together at meals, physical activity, and at night. But she is awesome and I´m so grateful for her. Hermana Shelton is my saving grace. She is so funny and I absolutely adore her.

So this week! Let´s see. . . Last p day, we went to the mall and it was way fun! We got ice cream and just shopped around. We found a Walmart type place and almost cried with happiness haha. It was really fun to just be in a European mall!!! The park on Saturday was really good, but hard. I think the Lord gives us times that are amazing so we get super pumped, and times that are really hard, but we learn a lot. This was a harder day cause nobody really listened to us. I was with Sister Tango, an Albanian sister who speaks English. But nobody listened to us! It was unreal haha. But we still had fun and tried our hardest. One guy was really excited and said he´d go to church on Sunday, so that was good. So crazy story- this gypsy came up to us- I know, I should´ve known better, I know haha. But she came up to us and started reading our palms, and I only got some of what she was saying. All of the sudden Sister Tango rips her hand away and starts bawling. I guess the lady had cursed her family and all this sketchy stuff. We ran away and its was crazy! Ah, I felt so bad for Sister Tango. Man, the people you meet in Spain haha. But this is cool- so I kept praying and praying that we would have a little success to help Sister Tango feel better. So I went up to 2 girls on a bench from Columbia. We talked to them about the Book of Mormon and stuff. I asked if they wanted one and they asked if they could have 2! Haha we gave them 2 and they were so excited! They couldn´t stop thanking us. It was amazing!!! I was so grateful for that. I LOVE THE PARK. Look it up online and see how pretty it is- It´s called Buen Retiro. I dare you to not cry when you see how pretty it is. :)

Everything else has been normal! We´ve been teaching 2 new investigators (our teachers are the investigators, but yeah). It´s crazy how much we care about the investigators even though they aren´t real. I feel like my whole heart and soul goes into preparing for their lessons and talking to them. One of our teachers decided to be Muslim- thanks a lot. haha just kidding. It´s good for us and we´re getting through to her! It´s incredible how much the Spirit directs our lessons even though they are just our teachers. The other day I was teaching Ana how to pray, and for some reason, it was the most fluent in Spanish I have ever been. I didn´t even think about what I was saying, the words just came out of my mouth! I know that´s so cliché but for real- it happens!!!! It was amazing, I was so happy. Teaching is definitely super hard and super scary, but the most rewarding part of being here.

Okay/ something funny- I am the only one that can play hymns here!!!! I play for every meeting haha. And I'm terrible! It´s so funny. I don´t even know. But I´m trying. Carrie- you´d be so proud of me! its funny cause there are all these incredible pianists that ALL PLAY BY EAR. useless talent. haha just kidding. but really, it´s exciting.

I love it here so much! Seriously, I love it. The sisters are awesome, and it´s been really cool to have my new assignment this week to get to take care of the sisters. Every night I´m up with one of them letting them cry on my shoulder- literally that has happened every night. It´s amazing to have the opportunity to serve them. I love it. The Elders are the BEST! They are seriously like our best friends, almost like younger brothers. They support us so much and they are so good to us. They go completely out of their way to make us feel so loved and to make us laugh and serve us. They are the best. Especially the ones in our district- I wish I could tell you how awesome they are. Everytime I think about leaving them- cause they are all serving in Madrid- I get all teary! Ah, I¨m so lucky.

It´s so funny cause the first two weeks I kept thinking- wow I'm two weeks down on a mission! Now I´m like- no wait, stop! Can´t time go slower!!! I´m SO SO excited to go to Barcelona, but leaving here will be so hard- especially cause only 4 of us are going to Barcelona, so I have to say bye to everyone here. It will be so hard! But I´m so grateful that I love it so much and that it´s hard to leave :)

Well, I need to go but I love you all SO much!! I Wish I could tell you how much I love you! Everytime someone asks about my family, my heart just swells with love! I can´t thank you enough for your letters, pictures, emails, prayers, and love! Thank you thank you thank you!!! Te amo MUCHO!!!!

Love, Hermana Boyer :)

PS- I¨m going to the PRADO TODAY!!!! I have had butterflies all week cause I¨m SO EXCITED!!!!! Melba and Anna, you would die!!!! I will try to write you after and tell you how it was! If you don´t hear from me, it´s cause I melted away from happiness. Guys, I cried when we DROVE PAST IT!!! I´m SO excited!!!!! I´m like shaking I¨m so excited. Everyone makes fun of me for how excited I am!!! yay!!!!!!!!! I will probably pass out, but it´s fine. Just like one of the biggest things on my bucket lists ever. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment