How are you all???? Happy birthday Linz, Mo and Boo!!!!! I thought about you all on your birthdays! How was it? What did you all do? I hope you had some great celebrations! Mo- your birthday was on 11-12-13!! I was dying when I thought of that and how happy your number loving brain would be! We had a fiesta at 9:10 on that day so it was a 9-10-11-12-13 fiesta! We were so happy haha. But I hope you had wonderful birthdays I love you all!!! Can´t believe Boo is 4! What is this?? And Matt, Lizzie, Mom and Mo, thank you SO SO SO MUCH for your letters! I was so happy I couldn´t stop smiling. I will write you all back very soon I promise!
Wow! Time is absolutely flying it´s insane! I thought I´d be so happy that time was flying, but I´m wishing with all my heart it would slow down! I love it here so much! Wow a lot happened this week I feel like!!!!
So the PRADO!! Oh. my. gosh. I can´t even explain to you how amazing it was! So the Prado is pretty much the best art museum in the world besides the Louvre! Seriously, the whole day before we went, I had butterflies and I was shaking so hard! All the elders were making so much fun of me because I was so excited- seriously like a little kid on Christmas eve. I can´t even tell you! So we only had an hour in there! To see hundreds and hundreds of the world´s most beautiful paintings!!!! I almost had a panic attack. Actually I pretty much did. So Hermana Knell loves art too so we ran through the museum chasing after our favorite paintings! We saw El Greco, some Rembrandt, Bosch, GOYA!!!, so many other ones- but the best thing- and the reason why I wanted so badly to go is because of Las Meninas by Valezquez!!!!!!! It´s my favorite painting in the world and I´ve always wanted to see it! Both Hermana Knell and I cried when we saw it! I stared at it for about 15 minutes, and I could look at it for hours. I cried when I saw Adoration of the Shepherds by El Greco haha. Don´t judge me. I just love art. Melba and Anna understand haha. Anyway, it was the BEST.
So the park on Saturday! It was one of my favorite times there! I was with 2 of the native Russians- one is really outgoing and confident and she speaks perfect english. The other one doesn´t speak a lick of english and she´s super shy, but has such a strong spirit. It was crazy cause we were being filmed on the biggest tv station in Spain!!! They filmed us singing and some of the elders contacting! They said it´s on comando acualidad, TV1 EspaƱola- so I think if you look it up online and just search Madrid CCM contacting in park or something you might find it! But I´m not sure I haven´t seen it- but you can give it a shot! But it was crazy! So we had a couple really cool experiences- on the metro I was talking to a woman who was nice, but didnt´seem super interested. I just had this feeling to give her a Book of Mormon, so I did and I told her about it. I had this feeling to just bear my testimony about it- so I told her that this book has changed my life and that I knew that if she read it and prayed about it, it would change her life. As soon as I began testifying, I saw something change in her eyes and I knew that she felt the Spirit, even though the Metro is loud and crowded. It was incredible. The other really cool experience was that we went up to 4 women in the park that were from Venezuela. One of them had read some of thee Book of Mormon, but had forgotten about it. So I started telling the others about it and how much I love it. Once again, I bore my testimony about it, and the Spirit testified with me, I know it. I looked into each one of these woman´s´eyes- they were all probably in their late 20s or so- and told them that this book means the world to me and that if they read it, they will feel the power of God in their lives. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WANTED A BOOK OF MORMON!!!!!! It was unreal!!!!!!! As I testified, I felt something change in them and in their eyes. They all told me they wanted to read it! So we only had 1 Spanish copy, so we gave that one, then gave them the website to order another one. Later, we were coming back to the meeting spot and they were all there still, so we sprinted to the elders and got 2 more copies and gave them to the other 2! They were so so happy. It was honestly incredible. One of our teachers gave us a lesson on testifying and it was truly one of the most spiritual experiences in my life. Ever since then, I have testified any chance I have gotten and the Spirit testifies with you. If you have the opportunity, testify of what you know is true, and I promise you that angels will back you up and that the Spririt will testify to the people you talk to that it´s true. Try it, it will change your life.
So Spanish! I love it! We are learing all these crazy tenses, so it´s way hard, but I love it! Hermana Shelton and I are at about the same level, which is so awesome cause we challenge each other and we learn together. I can understand pretty much anything, which is awesome! Everything I do is pretty much in Spanish- the park, our lessons, everything. I love it so much. It´s so funny, I speak with the Spanish lisp so much! Now everything I say, even in English is with a lisp it´s hilarious. You`ll laugh when I get home. I love Spanish so much and I love studying it and using different tenses!
So this week we got over 30 new missionaries of ALL NATIVES!!! It´s so crazy!!! 12 of them are sisters! They are in a different zone, so we don´t see them that often, but it´s so fun! We eat with them at breakfast cause that´s the only meal we eat with them. They are so nice! It´s so scary though cause they speak Spanish! I love it though!
So teaching this week I had a really cool experience. We were teaching Ana about the First Vision. I was reciting the First Vision to her in Spanish- we always recite the part that Joseph Smith said, you never read it haha- and I got all choked up. As I was saying it, I felt the power of Joseph Smith´s testimony, even though it was in Spanish. I got all choked up and could barely finish. The Spirit was so thick and it was incredible. Also, we were teaching Elena- our "Muslim" investigator about the Atonement and I was testifying to her about how the Atonement has blessed my life. The Spirit was incredible even though it wasn´t real. Ah, missionary work is the best! I can´t even tell you! So hard, but so good.
Well, I have to go but thank you so so much for all your support, I can´t even tell you how much you all mean to me! Dad, good luck with Stake Conference! I hope that it goes well, I know it will! I´m so glad the Primary Program was good! I hope everything else is well at home! So after this weekend, if you write letters, write them to the Barcelona address because I leave a week from Tuesday. So probably after Sunday or Monday don´t send letters here any more. I love your letters so much thank you so so much! I can´t tell you how much I absolutely love you!!!!! Love, Hermana Boyer :)
PS- I´m so glad you got the pictures from President Sitterud! That makes me so happy!!!! I was hoping he would send them to you. He is the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment