*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Email from Zaragoza

Shout out to Marianne--Happy birthday!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and do something super fun, cause you deserve it :)
Oh yeah--did you all get my package? The idea was that you would all open it together, but I guess it's hard with everyone so busy haha. But hopefully you all at least got the notes :)

How was Conference?? I loved watching the Saturday and Sunday morning sessions knowing that you were all watching it! I felt close to you all :) I loved seeing the shots of outside the temple; it was so pretty! Conference was SO good! I loved it. It was so perfect, cause they answered so many questions our investigators have and everything. I love conference even more on the mission, because it makes you remember that you are part of such a big cause! Sometimes when we are getting rejected over and over again in the street, I forget that my companion and I aren't the only ones that believe these things haha--but we have a worldwide organization run by the Lord Himself! I love that we have a prophet. I love telling people that we have the exact same church that Jesus Christ Himself established when He was on earth. What other church can say that? :) haha Sorry, that was my little rant--but I just love it :)

This week was really good! We are still juggling taking care of everyone and trying to build up stuff in our new area. But luckily, we found a lot of new investigators and were able to teach a lot of new people this week. One lady was really apprehensive when we came to her house for the cita, and we didn't know why she was so nervous. Finally she told us that she talked to her friends about us and that she said we are smart and good-looking people, but we are secretly American spies. That explains why she was so nervous haha! But after we laughed when she said that and taught her, she was a lot more relaxed :) We were just grateful she had let us in at all! 

But yeah, we are finding a lot more, and that´s really good :) Maria, the lady from Nicaragua who is not married but wants to get baptized, is doing really well! This week we were teaching her and asked if her roommate would like to come listen. It turns out her roommate, Maria, is actually super prepared! She was taught by the missionaries a few years ago and loved it but lost contact with the church. So we are going to set a baptism date with her tonight :) She is super good, and it was such a miracle!

We also had a huge miracle with a menos activo named Juliana. We found her in the street a few months ago and have been helping her work through some really intense doubts she has. When we walked in the door this week, she said, "Hermanas, I've been thinking, and I want to come back to church--is it okay if I go with you this Sunday?" Yay!!!!!!! It was the best thing ever. She actually didn't end up coming cause her daughter got really sick, but she´s coming this week, I promise :) It was the best thing ever.

This week we dropped off brownies at the Família Amigó´s house because they were home for one day in between vacations (yes, I knew which day because I officially stalk them haha). And they called us and were so grateful! I talked to Javier on the phone, and he thanked me for loving his family, and he wants us to come over when they get home next week. It was the best :)

This week we had a zone enfoque, where the zone leaders teach us, and it was SO good. The zone leaders read us the scripture from 3 Nephi that says something like, "I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been sent here to teach this people to bring to pass their everlasting salvation." It was so powerful. They had us take off our chapas and look at our name. I looked at us and was just hit with a ton of bricks by the Spirit to see my name next to the Savior´s. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. This is His work. We are literally working beside Him. "How can a man know a master he hasn't served?" As I have worked alongside my Savior, I have come to know Him so much better, and I understand His love for me and all of us in such a real, intimate way. I love Him, and I cherish my chapa with my whole heart. I love walking the path He walked, and I am striving to do it with all my heart and all that I have.

Thank you so much for all your support--I really couldn't be here without you. I love you all more than you will ever know, seriously. :) Have a wonderful week and know that a little Hermana in Spain loves you very much! :)

Love, Hermana Boyer :)

This is us and Hermana Graham and Hermana Munns, our roommates :)

Cute Hermana Bennett cooks amazing food and made us all a fancy lunch! It was magical :)

This is Hermana Bennett and me before conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment