This week was the fastest week I´ve had here because we were busy!! Yay!!!!!!!!! So on Tuesday we were calling all these people--references, people we contacted, etc. and usually they either don´t answer, or just tell us they don´t want to meet with us. But this time a whole bunch of people answered and we got a ton of citas!!! (appointments)!!! We were so excited!!!! So it turned out that a ton of them fired on us--they were either "at the doctor" at 9 at night- who does that? or they just didn´t answer or all these other things, BUT. . . . .we have 2 investigators now!!!!!! We are so so excited!!!!!
So one of them is named Gabriel and he´s a reference from the Elders. He´s from Ecuador and he´s the happiest man I think I´ve ever met. We taught him about the BOM this week and he was excited! He said he would read and everything. The only problem . . . he didn´t come to church. But that´s okay! The other one is named Enrique and he´s from Columbia. He is super spiritual and he´s really interested in our church. He´s super prepared! Only problem . . . he´s leaving tomorrow for Sweden and he doesn´t know when he´ll get back. But that´s okay! I will not give up on him!!! (I will highly likely be here for 3 more months, so I can keep track of these people and make sure they get baptized :) haha. But anyway, we are so excited!! Huge miracle!!!!! It felt so good to be busy!!!!!
So you were asking about Cesar--our drunkard friend. Ah, Cesar. We had citas with him twice this week, and both times he fired on us saying he was gone or working or something--but apparently he is still dying to meet with us he says. So ya. It´s dumb. But that´s okay. We know where he lives, so we basically stalk his house and it´s great.
The menos activo families that we found last week are good!!! Nelly--the one whose door we knocked and she´s golden--is SO good! She came to church and brought her granddaughter and she´s so comfortable! We gave her a lesson on Saturday and told her how wonderful she is and she was all teary. She is SO sweet, I can´t even tell you what a miracle she is.
The other family--who own the bar--are good. The young girl who was really interested isn´t answering her phone, so we don´t know what´s going on. But we are eating with them tonight, so we will figure it out! We visit the mom at her bar a lot though and she´s so sweet. We are just trying to get her trust so she´ll tell us why she´s so against the church right now.
So life is good!!!!! A bunch of you have asked about the ward--they are AMAZING! Our ward is famous in our mission for being so good. Our bishop is so gung-ho about missionary work and he knows exactly who our investigators are and where they are and everything. They are all so good. The retention in this ward is incredible because we are the highest baptizing ward in the mission, and we KEEP them all!!! This ward is SO good at taking care of all the recent converts and everything. Ah, I love this ward so much it´s unreal.
Okay a couple things about this week let´s see:
-I ate cerviche--which is octopus--and loved it!!! I know right? It was so good! I was so surprised. Now I eat chicken legs and steak without even blinking an eye. You can have this in writing--but I have been missing out all these years!!!! haha I can´t believe I´m saying this but it´s true. But I am becoming quite the carnivore and you will all die when I get home. So there. I said it.
-We were contacting and all the sudden had this HUGE thunderstorm come down!!! I heard the thunder and without thinking I looked around to count my girls haha. #Brightoncounselorforever
-We made a friend in a candy shop by us and we visit him a lot. He is a classic Catalan man--very nice, lots of opinions, very Catholic, and loves talking to us haha. We are going to convince him slowly and I´m excited for it!
-This guy from India hit on me on the Metro one night, followed us on to our stop, then followed us off and would NOT leave us alone! Hermana Tyler was so mad at him that she basically chewed him out and then grabbed me and we ran haha. One thing you should know--I stick out like the sorest thumb there ever was. Yesterday on the Metro there was a guy who DIDN¨T double take at us, and I was thanking him in my head cause he was the first man I´ve seen here that didn´t gawk at us. It´s weird. But that´s okay.
-I lost my voice cause I have quite the nasty cold (but don´t worry- nothing will keep me in piso, I am going to work no matter what haha). But I lost it on Friday and Saturday- when we had days full of citas. Nice try Satan! Haha. But it´s still gone and I sound like Anna on Christmas! :)
-This week there was the CUTEST dog that looked exactly like Zeke. We aren´t supposed to touch animals, but he came up to me on the Metro and put his head in my lap. I was trying to look away and pretend like I wasn´t dying inside. Finally I broke down and got on the ground and played with him and cooed at him like I do with Cokes and the whole metro was laughing. When we got off I apologized to Hermana Tyler, but she just laughed and said "it´s more like a guideline anyway."
I think that´s about all for this week! Life is good! Our mission is on fire--we learned this morning that there are 44 people with fechas--baptismal dates for this week!!!!!! That is UNREAL: last year the highest number in one week was 23. Our mission is on fire and I´m so grateful to be part of this work! It´s hard cause we don´t baptize every week like the elders do, but we are trying our hardest. Our work is a little more behind the scenes, strengthening people, and things like that. But I know that this is the Lord´s work and I love every minute of it, even the super frustrating ones. This Church is so true! The Gospel is what brings us joy in this life and I'm so grateful for the chance to share it, even in small ways. I love you all so so so much and can´t thank you enough for all you do for me! Have such a wonderful week!!!! ¡Les quiero muchÃsimo!!!!
Hermana Boyer :)
No comments:
Post a Comment