Wow! How is everyone doing? I hope you are all doing well and happy! I can't believe how much is happening around there! So crazy! I am so excited for these babies I can barely stand it :) Huge shout-out to Dad for your birthday on Wednesday! I hope you have a wonderful day because you deserve it :) Also, thank you so much, Lindsay and Annie, for the letters--I loved them! Thank you!
Well, this week has been pretty crazy--we've been working so hard. I don't think I've ever had a week where literally everything we planned didn't happen haha. But it was really good!
Here is some of what happened this week:
- Remember Juan and Ricardo? The two men from Paraguay?? Well, this week we went and taught them the Restoration, and we were talking about baptism, right about to invite them to be baptized, and Juan interrupts and says, "So when is the soonest we can be baptized?" Haha! We were like, "Well, we were just about to invite you for the 28th!" They were so excited and accepted, and they are so excited to get baptized! It was incredible--we were like floating after :) The only thing is that they didn't come to church, so they can't get baptized on the 28th, but they will definitely get baptized the first part of April :) It was the best--such a miracle!!!!!!!!!!
- We had a mission tour and Elder and Sister Olsson from the Seventy came. They are from Sweden and are the sweetest people in the whole world. It was a wonderful conference. I had the opportunity to speak, so that was fun! Not every day you speak in front of a Seventy :) It was a wonderful opportunity, and I was really grateful. It was a really special day with them.
- We had an incredible miracle in the ward--a family of three that the elders have been teaching since JUNE got baptized on Saturday! The whole ward was so, so excited and so happy. We were so excited for them, and it was such a miracle. It's not very often you see a whole family--dad, mom. and child--get baptized. So that was awesome. I sang at the baptism, so that was fun too :) It was a really special day for our ward. And Cristobal and Susana came to the baptism, so that was really good! We are excited about that. We are going to see them tonight and talk to them about it more :)
- This week is Fallas in Valencia! It's a holiday here that is seriously bigger than Christmas. It's just in Valencia. They make huge giant sculptures and have them up for a week, then they burn them at midnight on Thursday. The whole month is about noise and fireworks, so all night there are cannons and fireworks and walking down the street kids throw fireworks under your feet haha. It's wild! But it's super fun. Today we went to Valencia and saw it and it was crazy! I loved it.
Things are good--this week we couldn't see many of our investigators, but this week we will and they are doing well. We are finding people and just plugging along, working harder than ever! This week and the last few months, I have been learning so much about peace. I have been realizing that the Lord wants us to feel peace--He never wants us to feel bad, stressed, anxious--none of those feelings are from Him. I've been noticing that the happiest people are those that have so much faith and trust in the Lord, that they always feel peace, even when things are hard. I have been striving for that my whole mission. And I've become different--I used to get stressed so easily, and now I don't. I am just realizing that the Lord does everything He can to make us feel peace, we just have to let that touch us--let the Spirit give us the peace we seek. This week I had a wonderful experience where I felt true, sweet peace from the Lord. I have been praying to keep it with me and it's been so wonderful. I think that really is a talent--something I'm trying to develop--to feel peace and feel the Lord's love, even when things are hard and not going how we want them to. But the Lord wants us so badly to feel His peace--that's why He sends us the Spirit, the Comforter, whose job is to give us peace. Anyway, that's what I've been learning this week :)
Thank you for being the most wonderful supportive family in the whole world! I love you SO, SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Hermana Boyer :)
No comments:
Post a Comment