Okay, I am just positively giddy about the Johnsons having a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so perfect! I was thinking about it just last night, actually, wondering if anyone had found out the gender yet!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Birks, you find out this week! You have to tell me the second you know! (Well, just before Monday, I guess.) Haha. But I think I tell everyone in the world who asks about my family that I have three sobrinos that will be born right around when I get home! I just get giddy thinking about all the kids there will be :) Ah! And Lindsay--Happy Birthday this week! I hope you have such a wonderful week! I feel like it's been ages since I've seen you! Oh wait. . . haha :) But I hope it´s wonderful :) How was Halloween for everyone? I saw some pictures and they were just darling! I bet it was so fun. Halloween here is kind of lame--everyone refers to it as an American holiday, so they don´t do much. We did have a dance of costumes, and it was super fun! It´s more about the costumes than the candy or anything like that. We couldn't dress up, but Hermana Shake and I ate candy and watched the District that night haha :)
Well . . . Catarroja! I am absolutely, madly in love with this little city. Imagine Balboa Island--if it was Spaniard, all the apartments were different colors, and 40 minutes away from the ocean instead of right in it. So pretty! Then imagine if about 150 members lived on Balboa island and there was an incredible ward there. That´s what it is! Catarroja is so, so little! We seriously see members every 5 minutes in the street, and we know everyone! It´s so little but so, so cute and charming. We live on the main street--it would be like the little main street in Balboa with shops and everything (except it's not quite as magical and a little dirtier). But still super cute. This is seriously the perfect area--all the members are incredible! Everyone is so willing to share the gospel--all the investigators we have almost are members' friends and family. Everyone here knows each other, so it´s all about connecting the dots and teaching members' friends and family. It's the best thing ever! I just love it. By the time I got to church on Sunday, I knew at least half the ward, cause we had seen them all during the week. And we eat with members every day! (I was going to start a diet, but hey, whatever!) haha it´s the best though.
Well . . . Catarroja! I am absolutely, madly in love with this little city. Imagine Balboa Island--if it was Spaniard, all the apartments were different colors, and 40 minutes away from the ocean instead of right in it. So pretty! Then imagine if about 150 members lived on Balboa island and there was an incredible ward there. That´s what it is! Catarroja is so, so little! We seriously see members every 5 minutes in the street, and we know everyone! It´s so little but so, so cute and charming. We live on the main street--it would be like the little main street in Balboa with shops and everything (except it's not quite as magical and a little dirtier). But still super cute. This is seriously the perfect area--all the members are incredible! Everyone is so willing to share the gospel--all the investigators we have almost are members' friends and family. Everyone here knows each other, so it´s all about connecting the dots and teaching members' friends and family. It's the best thing ever! I just love it. By the time I got to church on Sunday, I knew at least half the ward, cause we had seen them all during the week. And we eat with members every day! (I was going to start a diet, but hey, whatever!) haha it´s the best though.
Catarroja is very Spainard. There are still Africans and South Americans,but it´s mostly Spaniards. Mom, you asked about the Spanish here--they speak faster and more lazy than in the northern part where I was, but I can understand it. I've been really lucky and haven´t had to worry about Spanish since my 3rd or 4th transfer. I am still working on my grammar and mostly my accent, but I understand everything. I love Spanish! Now Spanish almost comes out easier than English haha.
The ward is so great! It has the warmest feeling about it. Everyone was so sweet on Sunday and was so welcoming. I bore my testimony and the RS president sat next to me as I was about to go up. She´s so sweet--she held my hand the whole time before I got up. How cute is that? It´s a wonderful place, and I already love these people so much.
Hermana Shake is the best! We are already best friends. She is so so chill and so fun, but also works so hard. Oh dad, she is from Richmond--I was wrong last time haha. But she has been out two transfers, so I´m the first companion besides her trainer (who is one of my closest friends in the mission). But I just love Hermana Shake! We laugh so much, work hard, and we just love life here. Its a different adventure being senior companion, but I love it, cause I´m learning a lot, and it´s so fun being with a pretty new missionary, cause everything is still new and super exciting to them.
Most of the people we are teaching have been taught for a long time, but we have been praying so hard that they will progress and mostly that the Lord would help us find more people to teach. We have found so many! It´s the biggest blessing. I know there are so many miracles waiting for us here; I can barely wait to get going.
So this morning I was reading in Jesus the Christ about the story of the two disciples on the road to Emmaus and how Christ walked with them in disguise. I was so struck by this story! What struck me was that the disciples were talking about how they didn't believe Christ could be back again. But Christ, in disguise, talks to them about how he had read all these prophecies and knew that Christ would come back. Then he took the time to walk and talk with them and even to eat with them. It was when he broke and blessed the bread that they realized who he was, and right then he vanished. What struck me so much was that rather than come down with angels and fire and chastise the apostles for not believing, he went with them in disguise to help them realize by themselves. He took the time to walk with them, talk with them, and even eat with them to help them understand and remember. I love that so much and it occurred to me that that´s what He does with us. Christ walks with us and talks with us and takes the time to teach us individually, so that we can learn and do what He wants us to do. He loves us so much that He walks with us individually and loves us individually. I love my Savior with everything I have. I have felt my heart burn within me as He has walked with me, especially as I have served Him as a missionary. I have felt Him walk beside me and help me be better, in His humble, not-seeking-for-glory way. I love my Savior with all my heart, and I feel so, so privileged and blessed to be His servant.
Family, I love you! Thank you thousands of times over for your love and support. I couldn't do this without you guys. Know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers and I am so grateful for a family like you. I love you with all my heart!
Love, Hermana Boyer :)
P.S. I'm so, so sorry--I forgot my camera cord, so I can´t send pictures! I promise, though, I will send lots of pictures next week :) Sorry!!!! But you can look up Catarroja online if you want to see how cute it is :)
P.S. I'm so, so sorry--I forgot my camera cord, so I can´t send pictures! I promise, though, I will send lots of pictures next week :) Sorry!!!! But you can look up Catarroja online if you want to see how cute it is :)
No comments:
Post a Comment